Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New evidence for annihilation of Ninth Legion in Britain?
Quote:For instance in the current books by Stuart Laycock. Apparently his writing were not greated with a wall of scepticism, but with approval from several historian (which he wrote about in our correspondence). I'm not totally of that opinion: I can't, for instance, see the British cities being guarded by armed civilians or otherwise non-military, during the late 4th century. But maybe I'm missing something.

Are you refering to his forthcoming UnRoman Britain or his earlier ones, Britannia - The Failed State: Tribal Conflict and the End of Roman Britain and Warlords: The Struggle for Power in Post-Roman Britain .. the latter two are unread on my to-read shelf a the moment?

I'm sure there was a thread on here about some guy who was harping about a conspiracy of silence about the extent of British kingship during Roman rule, I've traweled but can't track it down.
Conal Moran

Do or do not, there is no try!
Yoda

Messages In This Thread
Re: New evidence for annihilation of Ninth Legion in Britain? - by Conal - 08-24-2010, 04:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destruction Evidence for the Fall of Roman Britain? Nathan Ross 2 1,381 04-13-2018, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Nathan Ross
  First evidence for Julius Caesar's invasion of Britain discovered kavan 1 1,346 11-29-2017, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Renatus
  The Roman Ninth legion (Legio Nona Hispana) Pons Aelius 8 2,779 04-30-2014, 01:39 PM
Last Post: PhilusEstilius