Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
documentary about the Battle of the Teutoburger Forest
I, for one, enjoyed watching it, even if my German is very limited. Some of it was a little too dark to see much detail, but, hey, to be able to see it at all is a bonus for me, here in the USA.
Regarding the mix of kit - since we now know that the lorica segmentata was already in use at that early date, it is okay to see legionaries wearing it. I'm not going to be too picky on the "type". The same goes with the helmet mixes. I read the credits at the end, and apparently Legio XXII Primigenia provided the Roman soldiers - they did as best they could to convey an idea of what the Roman army meant by "uniform"-everyone had a helmet, body armour, etc. - but certainly were not identical/uniform in our modern sense, and in fact quite varied in appearance - remember this was now a professional long-service army.
Thanks for making it available.
Quinton Johansen
Marcus Quintius Clavus, Optio Secundae Pili Prioris Legionis III Cyrenaicae

Messages In This Thread
Re: documentary about the Battle of the Teutoburger Forest - by Quintius Clavus - 01-27-2009, 12:53 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Significance of the Teutoburger Wald, 9 A.D. Spartan JKM 4 1,850 04-12-2007, 06:27 AM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat