Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lorica Segmenta From Planet Trading
Quote:
Lucius valerinus:u0hg3cok Wrote:haha its not for wearing when doing reenacting with my legion, more for LARPing and stuff, quite fancy just getting into leather crafting.. I have done a few basic things but i think a project like that could be worth while.. plus there is no conclusive evidence that states lorica was NOT made with Leather from what i can see lol...

LOL...that's like saying, well, there's no evidence to say the romans didn't have warp drive....8)

Steel looks 100X better than leather seggies. You should try one...takes some time but well worth it!

true but there are images on Trajans column that they are unsure if the seggies are made from mail or leather, I think the leather seggie will be a first project to try and get the shape and articulation of the joints right etc (much cheaper to mess up using leather!) then i'll try a Steel one, im just not confident in metal work at this stage, but i have a few projects i want to give a bash!!...

but didnt you know Caesar had warp drive AND phasers? Tongue
Lucius Duccius Rufinus Aka Kevin Rhynas.

"Fortes fortuna adiuvat".
[url:10c24pem]http://www.ninthlegion.co.uk[/url]
[size=75:10c24pem](work in progress...)[/size]

Messages In This Thread
Re: Lorica Segmenta From Planet Trading - by Lucius Duccius Rufinus - 09-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Making your own - by Titus Publius Saturninus - 09-25-2008, 02:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lorica segmenta Anonymous 1 1,087 10-18-2004, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Anonymous