Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The reason why Bavaria became part of Germany..
Quote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDKn3nl9FeY

Makes me feel funny, maybe I was once a redcoat Smile

This past Monday was Patriots Day here in Massachusetts. They hold reenactments in Lexington and Concord and then a big parade. My kids are trained to heckle the Regulars (as the Colonists would have called them, since they still considered themselves British) on sight. Their favorite taunt is to call for hot butter when they see the "lobsterbacks". All in good sport mind you. I know it's not fun marching in itchy wool and knickers. To tie this in with the original post, even though my Grandfather was from West Prussia I was glad to be stationed in Bavaria. Military glory is all well and good, but it can't compete with good beer. A lot of people don't realize it but the U.S. National Anthem "The Star Spangled Banner" is based on an old English drinking tune. I don't know if that song "To Anacreon In Heaven" was running through Francis Scott Key's mind when he wrote the words, but they sure went together well. The Camp Chase Fife and Drum Band has a great rendition on their third CD.
P. Clodius Secundus (Randi Richert), Legio III Cyrenaica
"Caesar\'s Conquerors"

Messages In This Thread
Re: The reason why Bavaria became part of Germany.. - by P. Clodius Secundus - 04-28-2008, 12:27 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Reason Why StrategyM 42 6,595 05-19-2003, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Anonymous