Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those known as Museum Replicas
I'm sorry. I don't expect anyone to answer this. It is not a question, but a tirade, or warning to those "innocent" new re-enactors. I was just on the Museum Replicas site, and Oh my gosh!!!! I am still not believing some of the "Authentic Roman" articles that they claim are researched by experts.
I didn't know the Romans stained plywood for their shields. How appropriate. Did they get the stain from Rome Depot? The pugio with wooden handle looks like Popeye's forearm. They still claim to have a designed sword from some mythical place called "Maintz"! I teach High School World History and Middle School geography, and I don't know where the heck that place is!
The "troopers" helmet???? The pilum looks like it was designed by Werner von Braun. Who are these people??? Cotton tunics??? Cotton wasn't introduced to the west until the 700's AD.
Yes, I know, as long as rubes continue to buy this "Stuff" "businesses" like MR will continue to sell it. But it still hurts!!!!!
Mommy, make them stop!
T.Fabius Rufio/Jeff Crean
LEG~XX

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.larp.com/legioxx">www.larp.com/legioxx

Messages In This Thread
Those known as Museum Replicas - by Tiberius - 12-07-2007, 02:01 AM
Re: Those known as Museum Replicas - by A_Volpe - 12-07-2007, 04:54 AM
Re: Those known as Museum Replicas - by JVL - 12-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Re: Those known as Museum Replicas - by Ironhand - 12-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Re: Those known as Museum Replicas - by Senovara - 12-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Re: Those known as Museum Replicas - by cacrispvs - 12-07-2007, 06:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replicas for the museum at Monterenzio (Italy) hephestus 28 6,705 04-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Last Post: hephestus