Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Gallic Helmet from Erik and Ira Konig
Regarding Bocchus' comments. I agree that Erik's work is excellent however, this does not mean that he is beyond critisism.

Furthermore, critisism does not mean that envy is necessairly involved. This whole thing is getting blown out of proportion.

No helmet produced will ever be perfect since the originals themselves were not perfect either and in some respect, modern copies are sometimes too perfect.

Again the issue is the eyebrows. So what its just one item. There are other pieces out there by custom armorers who are grossly inaccurate however, out of respect for them I will not point out whom.

Mark it is true that it is an investment of all the things you said. However, if you are going to point out research it is within reason to assume that if the necessary pitures and data are avilable then there should not be any excuse if something produced by an experienced armorer has gross errors in it.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo

Messages In This Thread
Erik Koenigs New Helmets - by Bocchus - 07-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Re: New Gallic Helmet from Erik and Ira Konig - by Doc - 07-24-2007, 08:32 PM
Re: Erik Koenigs New Helmets - by Tarbicus - 07-24-2007, 08:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My new Gallic helmet! LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS 16 3,724 06-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Lucius Petilius Remo
  Later Roman knife by Erik Konig Peroni 8 3,499 12-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Last Post: John Conyard
  New Roman Reublican items from Erik Konig Mark Headlee 8 2,933 04-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar