Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sword Making Tutorial Make Your Own Gladius
I agree that having a wholistic knowledge of a thing is the core of understanding and bringing forth it's full richness ,appreciation and exactness. And I do suggest that all who have an interest in this subject do just that. That is not however the purpose of this thread

What you are suggesting is something akin to making it mandatory to know all about the history of sushi in order to make it an eat it.

I ask you please what should we be researching here? we are taking a known and accepted pattern and duplicating it in steel. It is a hands on project. That is the ONLY purpose of this all. To gain the ability to work steel into a sword.

Thanks again

Vale

Rick
Titus Publius Saturninus
Richard Tonti

Messages In This Thread
mantra - by Caius Fabius - 05-29-2007, 05:52 AM
Re: Sword Making Tutorial Make Your Own Gladius - by Titus Publius Saturninus - 05-29-2007, 06:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Making a press tool to make cross bands for scabbards brennivs - tony drake 7 2,608 10-03-2021, 03:47 PM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake
  1st Century Roman Fulham Gladius Sword and Scabbard Pointer 4 1,762 07-13-2018, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Pointer
  Sharpening 1st Century Gladius and Spatha Sword Points Pointer 0 1,406 08-22-2015, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Pointer