Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sword Making Tutorial Make Your Own Gladius
Salve Guys!

Say Dave long time no type how's it goin mate?? Quote agent Smith" WWWWEEELLLLLll Mr. Anderson! Weeev'e missed you"! 8)

First off ladies n germs I don't believe it is essential to include an opening filibuster about carbon atoms, the mean density of this or that so no sub course on metalurgy. I know as much about that as I do Egyptian deep sea diving anyway.We are looking for a sword here and that is all it's about.

Just tryin to share a little first hand dope and hopefully somebody out there won't have to drop 1000 sestartius, or what have you, for their fancy pointy thing so yes it would be presented in a let's just do it manner.There is already quite a lot on heating/tempering/annealing out there anyway. This is about stock reduction, transfering geometrical lines and shapes and a certain know how to the to the hands and being happy with what you see in the end. I would like to focus on the mainz pattern and if one can do that successfully they can make the other styles. It's all about actually handling the steel.

Dave if you would like to get in on this at any point it would be an honor. Understood though if not.

I thank you all for your much valued input

Always,

Rick
Titus Publius Saturninus
Richard Tonti

Messages In This Thread
Re: Sword Making Tutorial Make Your Own Gladius - by Titus Publius Saturninus - 05-26-2007, 08:11 PM
mantra - by Caius Fabius - 05-29-2007, 05:52 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Making a press tool to make cross bands for scabbards brennivs - tony drake 7 2,644 10-03-2021, 03:47 PM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake
  1st Century Roman Fulham Gladius Sword and Scabbard Pointer 4 1,774 07-13-2018, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Pointer
  Sharpening 1st Century Gladius and Spatha Sword Points Pointer 0 1,415 08-22-2015, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Pointer