Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lorica Segmentata Girdle Plates problem
GRUMIO,A lorica is made to a simple mathimatical formula as per the originals.I live approximataly 40 miles from Corbridge and have seen the original pieces.The girdle plates have a taper to them, which is also shown in Russell Robisons book which I have a copy.The ones I have made for private collecter was tapered and worked great. The top 3 plates are the same length takening into account the slite loss of a plate on top of another. Then the other plates decrecse by so much, unfotunatly my lorica is on loan to a museum so I can`t send you the size diffrence yet. Also the right hand side has to be aprox 1 inch longer for over lap as well as the above shoulder plate, so each side of the plate end on the right side is 1/2 inch passed the fasening ring if you dont already do that.I think I may have the size difference in my vast libary some were so I will post them onto you ASP Regards Brennivs
:!: also try with a cardboard template first if that works transfer to metal.

Hope this is some use to you Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)

Messages In This Thread
Lorica segmenta girdle problem - by brennivs - tony drake - 03-22-2007, 12:31 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lorica Segmentata Hardware. Marcus33 0 286 10-28-2021, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Marcus33
  Lorica segmentata construction help 9thlegion 4 1,822 03-03-2018, 02:53 AM
Last Post: A_Volpe
  Advice on removing rust from Lorica Segmentata Adriangunn 6 3,977 02-16-2017, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Mervlvs