Conical Caligae Hobnails
Big Grin I'll take 2 pounds.
Brent Grolla

Please correct me if I am wrong.
1 MORE YAY!!!
Matt J.
Titus Arabius Matho
Legion XI
2 more lbs for me (actually for Carl) that's a total of 6lb for Mithras.
~ Paul Elliott

The Last Legionary
This book details the lives of Late Roman legionaries garrisoned in Britain in 400AD. It covers everything from battle to rations, camp duties to clothing.
I'm in for 2lbs worth. Many thanks for getting it together.

I just wondered, as a result of the 'small gift' package postage rates referred to earlier, if it would be cheaper to post out the odd 1-2lbs to the UK? If so, I can PM you with my address. If not, you could append my 2lbs to Mithras' Comitatus order and It'll give me an excuse to go and see him & sling some pebbles into the sea ;-) )
Salvianus: Ste Kenwright

A member of Comitatus Late Roman Historical Re-enactment Group

My Re-enactment Journal

~ antiquum obtinens ~
Cool ... very therapeutic... Smile

Quote:I'm in for 2lbs worth. Many thanks for getting it together.

I just wondered, as a result of the 'small gift' package postage rates referred to earlier, if it would be cheaper to post out the odd 1-2lbs to the UK? If so, I can PM you with my address. If not, you could append my 2lbs to Mithras' Comitatus order and It'll give me an excuse to go and see him & sling some pebbles into the sea ;-) )
~ Paul Elliott

The Last Legionary
This book details the lives of Late Roman legionaries garrisoned in Britain in 400AD. It covers everything from battle to rations, camp duties to clothing.
I would think it would be cheaper to send fewer separate parcels...
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
Did we every get a quote on the price? Did I miss something? (I usually do).
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
???
>|P. Dominus Antonius|<
Leg XX VV
Tony Dah m

Oderint dum metuant - Cicero
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius
And two lb for me please! (Wil that be enough for two pairs?)

Cheers

Caballo
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
No you didn't miss it Caius- I'm still waiting on the manufacturer. I just called and they say it's an issue of their old machine guy having retired since they last made a run of hobnails and their new guy not having done it before so has to work a bunch of things out to say how long it'll take, etc., to determine the price- at times during his regular work, hence the slowness. They say they really don't want to lose the order so will do their best to have a price for me this week. I guess the wait is a bit lucky for the few who've opted in or asked for a little more, eh? :wink:
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
well, I still want at least 10 pounds...
they may have to run a larger order than 100 pounds. LOL
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
I told them that the order was over 100lbs now as a positive prompt, but without a price, that people might start bailing as a 'nice' way to prod them to get on with it Wink
Highly diplomatic, Matt.
Franklin Slaton
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Your mother wears caligae!
I told them that the order was over 100lbs now as a positive prompt, but without a price, that people might start bailing as a 'nice' way to prod them to get on with it.

I would be interested in 4lbs myself. Are these coming from the D.B. Gurney Co. in Whitman, MA by any chance? If so, they are very good people, I've gotten hobnails from them before.

Thanks for doing all this work,

Lucianus

mka L.E. Pearson
L.E. Pearson
Hello

I would like to put in a request for 1lb of hobnails. I'm planning on making some sandals and I might as well do it with some excellent hobnails.

Thanks
Michael Griffin
High School Teacher who knows Latin & Greek
felicior quam sus in stercu

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Caligae Hobnails Doc 5 3,080 01-24-2009, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Doc
  Finished Caligae using the new hobnails Neuraleanus 3 1,892 03-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Neuraleanus