Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
römische militärgeschichte
I've been following the development of this book for quite some time and finally it is published in German. I hope an English translation follows soon:

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=CFd2...&q&f=false
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii
Looks interesting. I'm not so sure about some shield devices but I think it's a good study for those already familiar with the Notitia Dignitatum and the Strategicon.

So far I see it only on Amazon.de for €34.99.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
The author has posted the following:

At the moment they write on amazon.UK "currently unavailable". Amazon has written the same on amazon.de (Deutschland/Germany) - it was however always available. I'm sure they will (hopefully) change the indication during the next days. In any case, if you are a member of amazon prime you can order it from ".de" as well without extra cost regarding the delivery. But as said, from a normal book store you may order it as well.

The next issues in preparation
roman military history part II - the roman stratiotai of the sixth century (including an improved translation of Book XII of the Strategikon) (far developed 70% finished)
Römische Militärgeschichte II - Der römische Stratiot des sechsten Jahrhunderts

sasanian military history part I - covering the era of the sixth and early seventh centuries (including a german translation of the Avesta (part: Dagestan) and the Ayin Nameh as well as a deep abstract of Geo Widengren research about inner persian hierarchical system and the male societies (Männerbünde) - the latter research gives a phantastic overview about the inner order of regiments. (good developed 50% finished)
Sasanidische Militärgeschichte - Titel still undecided
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Book : Römische Wehrbauten---- ..... Simplex 0 1,208 08-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Simplex
  Review of \"Die römische Armee im Experiment\" Jona Lendering 6 2,383 04-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Last Post: caiusbeerquitius
  Die Römische Armee im Experiment caiusbeerquitius 16 4,193 11-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Last Post: caiusbeerquitius