Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helmet liner photo\'s
anybody have any helmet liner photos? So far mine have all been a sort of padded lining glued into the helmet, but am curious as to making an adjustable type, to help keep head cool if nothing else.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Something like this may work for you Byron.. I posted my drawing somewhere else but couldn't find the thread to link it to, so here it is again.

It's a padded linen cap made in four trapezoidal sections with a drawstring at the crown. The liner is glued around the rim of the helmet only - which allows adjustment of the liner to keep the helmet bowl off the head.

Not only keeps you cooler, but offers better protection, rather like your safety hard-hat cage!

[Image: liner.jpg]
Thanks Peroni, that was something along the lines of what I am thinking of! Smile cry:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Here's mine...basically a maltese cross with sewn corners.

[Image: Mattlooksilly.jpg]

Legion: TBD
Ave,

Here is my "attempt" for an adjuetable helmet liner. It has a draw-string top and several layers of wool for the sweat-band. The whole thing is hand sewn into linen and then for "effect" I dyed it with x-strong espresso to darken the linen and felt the wool.

Top view is from the outside, where the liner can be glued into the helmet. The second view is from the inside. Its very much like Adrians sketch with the exception of the woolen sweat-band
Roman Name: Gaius Marcius Gracilis

AKA: Mark Headlee
Thanks guys, appreciate the help!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tips on helmet liner or skull cap? Gaius Colletti 9 5,448 06-25-2011, 06:25 PM
Last Post: M. Demetrius
  Liner for Intercisa helmet Franklin 2 1,723 10-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Franklin
  Gluing liner into Helmet Tiberius 1 1,325 06-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Marcus Mummius