Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Owner of Lorica Segmentata
Quote:In my exerience they fit up to about a 46, I say a 44 should be perfect, it may have run a little small. There is some small variation. Easy enough to cut a few new plates if necessary.
I hadn't thought about cutting a few new plates. Although, if I can avoid the extra work by adjusting it, I like that better. Smile Thanks for the suggestion.

Randy
Quote:Reshaping the girdle section a little might help. If they are curved in pretty much a half-circle and there is space between the plates and your body at front and back, try just squashing each section a little to get more of a U shape. Then it will fit closer and the gap at the back should close up some.
Thanks, Matthew. I hadn't thought of reshaping the girdle sections. Simple solution but it may prove to be quite effective. I'll hold off at this point on cutting the plates. Maybe it's a job I'll tackle when I have a little more confidence.

Finally, I want to thank everyone for their suggestions. The members of this forum make us inexperienced newbies feel wlecome. Makes me want to shed a tear. Cry But not in front of my "smart-ass comrades", Matthew!

Randy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lorica Segmentata Hardware. Marcus33 0 278 10-28-2021, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Marcus33
  Lorica segmentata construction help 9thlegion 4 1,805 03-03-2018, 02:53 AM
Last Post: A_Volpe
  Advice on removing rust from Lorica Segmentata Adriangunn 6 3,957 02-16-2017, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Mervlvs