Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do I remove green patina from brass Lorica fittings
I am working on my Lorica Segmentata and after annealing the brass fittings and cleaning them with vinegar and water, they all have a layer of greenish patina on them. Has anyone had this problem in the past? Anyone now what I can do to get rid of it/prevent it?
Kevin Dopke

Marcus Lucilius Severus
Legio XXIV
Brasso, Autosol...any type of mild abrasive with a rag. White tooth paste (not the gel) will also work. Then use any type of oil to keep the oxidation down to a minimum. Light grade mineral oil works, as does most gun oils. I've also found vaseline to work extremely well if you're not going to use it for a while.

Legion: TBD
OK, great. I didnt know if I had done something wrong. In all my reading I dont think I ever saw anyone mention anything about the green patina showing up like that. Thanks.

Quote:Brasso, Autosol...any type of mild abrasive with a rag. White tooth paste (not the gel) will also work. Then use any type of oil to keep the oxidation down to a minimum. Light grade mineral oil works, as does most gun oils. I've also found vaseline to work extremely well if you're not going to use it for a while.
Kevin Dopke

Marcus Lucilius Severus
Legio XXIV

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Produce Dark Brown Patina Titus Publius Saturninus 39 7,174 05-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Titus Publius Saturninus