Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New extended version of Gladiator to be released Aug 23rd
[url:1oetfi73]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009QTS1M/103-7878528-1383035?v=glance[/url]
Jaime
How extended is 'extended' and why did they wait year with this?
I think I'll wait until someone has a copy..
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
17 minutes worth. I guess Ridley has his own schedule :roll:
Jaime
Well, the "special edition" version of the DVD in Europe had some extra scenes in it, I suppose some of this will end up in the new `extended edition`...

From what I remember, we didn´t miss much with the `regular` version of the movie. One of these scenes was a ridiculous `firing squad` scene, in this case featuring bows and arrows, and Joaquin Phoenix doing his `extra hammy` acting performance... :roll:
Andreas Baede
I heard Ridley Scot say that the directors cut was the one we saw in theaters. Smile
** Vincula/Lucy **
If it adds 17 minutes to the opening battle I'll pick it up, if not I'm god to go.

Los
Los

aka Carlos Lourenco
I got it. He added in most of the scenes that are on the second DVD disc that came with the original release. The battle (war) scene isn't extended Sad . But I think it was worth buying. The extended scenes and the new make the movie more cerebral and the story now makes more sense.
Jaime
Quote: ( . But I think it was worth buying. The extended scenes and the new make the movie more cerebral and the story now makes more sense.

Yes I just bought it today at Wal*Mart for $23.87, and it just what I'm suspected, they show this extended version more than once on TV or Cable, so I'm not too impressed, but I think is good to have it, I always like to have the extended version movies if it comes like that, because like Theodosius says: it make more sense... When I first got the first version, I have to see the movie more than once to understand the hole schemes, but with this one is more effective, as I have the 3 extended version of Lord of The Rings too! :wink: ....

If in the future the movie of Alexander (The Malaka! :twisted: =as he is in this versionWink comes in extended version I would buy it too...

Did you see the sacrifice of the Cristians in the Colisseum?..

Hahahaha!....The Malaka! :twisted: :lol:

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Hi Comerus,

Quote:I just bought it today at Wal*Mart for $23.87

Wow, great price Smile (

Quote:Did you see the sacrifice of the Cristians in the Coliseum?..

Actually, no I didn't. At least not the Colosseum in Rome. Scott didn't incorporate that scene (but I saw it among the excluded scenes from the first DVD set). He did, however, add a glimse of Christians praying outside of the little amphitheatre in Morocco. Is that the one you mean ?
Jaime
yes I just remember from tv, but the dvd , I just skip a lot of scene...Thanks :wink:

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alexander \'extended edition\' is coming... Arthes 39 11,307 03-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Arthes
  Heads-up: Extended Version of Polish "Quo Vadis" M Niedel 7 2,451 05-08-2006, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Niedel