Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Social Event, Nijmegen (NL)
There are lots of ways to enjoy your interest in the Roman past. On March 22nd, you'll be able to show how in Nijmegen (NL). Reenactors are encouraged to bring their latest kit (or kit in development), wargamers are invited to show how battles are fought in miniature, modellers to display their latest creations, historians are welcome to tell about their latest research, and anyone else with a passion in the Roman past should certainly come and see in which ways you can entertain yourself during dark winter evenings!

Interested? Post here or send me an email if you're planning to come (so we can ensure we've got a sufficient number of tables, etc)
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Where in Nijmegen?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
It will be in a room at a cafe, not in the museum. Which one it will be is still unclear, but we hope to know that soon.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Yup, a cafe because that'll keep entry fees non-existant and coffee handy!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
It'll be cafe Groenewoud, easy to reach and park. They have a nice big back room with plenty of space for tables. I'm planning to demo a little gladiator game with 28mm models.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Okay, a reminder with more details.

Sunday March 22th Stichting Romeinenfestival ([url:39vc5dno]http://www.romeinenfestival.nl/[/url]) has an Roman Social event in a room of Cafe Groenewoud ([url:39vc5dno]http://www.cafe-groenewoud.nl/[/url]) in Nijmegen (during 12.30-17.00h). An afternoon to meet and greet other people with the same area of interest and to show your ongoing projects.

The following can be seen:
- Stichting Romeinenfestival shows a short film about 'building a roman military wall on the Kops Plateau, Nijmegen' shot last summer during the Nijmegen festival.
- A presentation of the rebuilt of an 3/4rd century roman warship in Millingen, (Netherlands)
- A demo of a miniature battle
- A gladiatorgame using miniatures
- Roman smiths work
- LRGG CORBVLO with a small display of roman armor.
- Mithridates miniatures with wargame figures
- Ancient-warfare

No entrance fee, drinks available at costs
ALA I BATAVORUM
March 21st 2010 sees a repeat of this event due to the success of its first edition! More info to follow!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
This date is still empty in my agenda.
Might be showing up.
Regards

Garrelt
-----------------------------------------------------
Living History Group Teuxandrii
Taberna Germanica
Numerus I Exploratores Teuxandrii (Pedites et Equites)
Ludus Gladiatorii Gunsula
Jomsborg Elag Hrafntrae
Some more info!
Site: Cafe Groenewoud, Nijmegen
Time: 12.30-17.00, March 21st
No real program, but we'll have a talk about the Millingen liburna by its master carpenter, a WAB demo battle (the Trebbia, no less!), Ancient Warfare, Mithridates Miniatures, reenactors from all over NL with their latest kits and some short movies by Phalera Productions. It promises to be a fun and interesting gathering!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Reuze gezellig evenementje, educatief en sociaal interessant en een opsteker voor de hobby, die daar in vele facetten benaderd werd. Op naar de volgende en hulde aan Jasper!
Paul Karremans
Chairman and founding member
Member in the Order of Orange-Nassau, awarded for services to Roman Living History in the Netherlands

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.gemina.nl">http://www.gemina.nl
est.1987

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman festival Nijmegen 2010 jvrjenivs 33 5,985 06-23-2010, 07:58 PM
Last Post: maarten
  Nijmegen Roman Event 2007 Robert Vermaat 26 5,236 02-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jvrjenivs