RomanArmyTalk
Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Events (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 (/showthread.php?tid=5226)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - Peroni - 11-03-2008

It would now appear that NO UK groups will be invited to attend this potentially great event! Cry Cry Cry

Our Event Sectretary has been informed by way of the Kalkriese event
organisers that no groups from the UK are being invited to participate.
Instead it seems the Germans are going it alone, relying on their own groups and resources to celebrate their dramatic victory over the Romans.

Another victim of the financial situation no doubt.

Going to have to join a German group now!!

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - Caballo - 11-03-2008

Can any of our German friends persuade the organisers to invite non German groups ? It would attract people from all over, and be an outstanding event- even profitable!

We won't get the opportunity again for another millenium......

Cheers

Caballo

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - Peroni - 11-03-2008

I guess the organisers want to place more emphasis on the Germanics and their victory over the Romans rather than host too many Romans!?

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - Praefectusclassis - 11-03-2008

It depends. Perhaps it's cheaper to get German groups (of which there are many!) to come than groups from the UK, whose travel costs would necessarily be higher?

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - caiusbeerquitius - 11-03-2008

I heard that the organizers only want groups which fit exactly into the time frame. Not so many Augustan groups out there.

Well, a lot of our guys can go Augustan quite easily- in fact a feature of our shows has been 500 years of the Roman Army...if there is any chance of them reconsidering, that would be great!

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - caiusbeerquitius - 11-03-2008

I also heard that they don´t want to see any deepeeka stuff, but only recoonstructions based on the actual findings. This is hard to manage for most groups, I guess, since the Augustean equipment excells in priceyness. But this information my be wrong. It´s just hearsay.

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - Robert Vermaat - 11-03-2008

Quote:I also heard that they don´t want to see any deepeeka stuff, but only recoonstructions based on the actual findings. This is hard to manage for most groups, I guess, since the Augustean equipment excells in priceyness. But this information my be wrong. It´s just hearsay.
Somehow I cannot imagine that any of these organisers can distinguish a Deepeeka from another replica. '
And if they'd only allow reconstructions based on the actual finds, it will be very quiet in kalriese, with a few lone re-enactors walking among the visitors. :twisted:

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - Marcus Mummius - 11-03-2008

Quote:I also heard that they don´t want to see any deepeeka stuff, but only recoonstructions based on the actual findings. This is hard to manage for most groups, I guess, since the Augustean equipment excells in priceyness. But this information my be wrong. It´s just hearsay.

I believe this is not correct, at least I did not hear anything about this plan.

Money is always a problem! Cry

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - Andreas Gobinius - 11-03-2008

It is strange, but we have the same problem. They have told us that they were planning "Varusschlacht 2009" for two years and the programme is fixed. :evil: . We offered the museum 30 person group of craftsmen, Barbarians and Romans with presentation of craft and todays life. Now I am waiting for news after our next proposal with explanation... I don`t think that the money is the main problem. We offered that our participation could be sponsored by our Ministry of Culture... But probably they really do not want foreigners for this event.

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - CHADBURN CEDRIC - 11-03-2008

Hi,

I would like to know if my german group could come ?
We are 15 warriors in our group and 25 all members.

www.limitis.org
Cédric

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - jvrjenivs - 11-03-2008

Quote:Hi,

I would like to know if my german group could come ?
We are 15 warriors in our group and 25 all members.

www.limitis.org
Cédric

I think, you should try to contact the event organizers then!

It's hard to see we couldn't make it the best gathering of Europe.

Varus Disaster Events 2009 - David H. Blain - 11-03-2008

I originally contacted the museum on 26 September 2006 and indicated that a number of North American reenactors/reenactment groups were interested in participating in any planned commemorative event(s). The reply, dated December 7, 2006, prompted a subsequent communication on 01 January 07, but there was no response. I sent another request to the museum in the summer of 2008, but it was not acknowledged. After reading the most recent spate of Roman Army Talk Forum emails, it appears as though any outsider wishing to participate will be persona non grata. It is truly unfortunate. We had been planning a 'reenactment' vacation in Germany to coincide with museum events.

David Blain
www.principialegionis.org

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - Andreas Gobinius - 11-03-2008

We have been in touch with the museum... And my previous experiences connected with trial communication are similar to these described above by David H. Blain... unfortunately...

Couldn't we put together three legions and invade anyway?

It could be the ultimate re-enactment- after all, Varus wasn't invited........ :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: