RomanArmyTalk
Complete the sentence: If I won 100 million I wou - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Complete the sentence: If I won 100 million I wou (/showthread.php?tid=20636)

Pages: 1 2

Complete the sentence: If I won 100 million I wou - jkaler48 - 04-08-2012

Complete the Sentence(s): If I won 100 million I would build .......
(It has to be ancient reenactment related (Greek Celtic etc OK) also include WHERE)

Part of my sentence(s): .... underground would be modern living quarters for those unwilling to give up 21st century living entirely ....

Re: Complete the sentence: If I won 100 million I wou - Titvs Statilivs Castvs - 04-08-2012

I don't want to be an *ssh*le but is this really the place for this kind of topics? I'd suggest this to be placed in the off-topic section.

Re: Complete the sentence: If I won 100 million I wou - Magnus - 04-09-2012

If I won 100 million I would build .......a section for all of John Kaler's OT topics.

Re: Complete the sentence: If I won 100 million I wou - richsc - 04-09-2012

I have to agree on the off topic.

If I had the $100million, I'd fund the Carlysle Roman museum, and after that Vindoland (since I met Dr Birley this past summer). and then, fund a site in Virginia. After my villa in Sonoma wine country to which I'd invite all my Roman friends.

Re: Complete the sentence: If I won 100 million I wou - M. Demetrius - 04-09-2012

I would buy a property sufficient to the task, and build a milecastle and an oppidium/hillfort.

Re: Complete the sentence: If I won 100 million I wou - Vindex - 04-09-2012

...build a real forum :wink:

Re: Complete the sentence: If I won 100 million I wou - Robert Vermaat - 04-11-2012

Quote:...build a real forum :wink:
So what's a 'real' forum Moi? That thingy in Rome? ;-)

Re: Complete the sentence: If I won 100 million I wou - M. Caecilius - 04-11-2012

... built myself a fine Roman villa, Laurentine-like, complete with mosaics and wall paintings, or imitate Reinach (Villa Kerylos, Beaulieu-sur-Mer, France) or Getty (Malibu, USA).

also

... [strike]build[/strike] be reminded of Crassus saying "that no one was rich who could not support an army out of his substance" (Plutarch, Crassus 2.7) Tongue

Re: Complete the sentence: If I won 100 million I wou - Robert Vermaat - 04-11-2012

... a late Roman fortified palatial complex.

Re: Complete the sentence: If I won 100 million I wou - agrimensor - 04-11-2012

Maybe make a historical correct roman movie Wink

Re: Complete the sentence: If I won 100 million I wou - caiusbeerquitius - 04-11-2012

.... equip an army and re-conquer Bavaria from the Germans. Then grant free beer access to [strike]everybody in Bavaria[/strike] every Bavarian.

Re: Complete the sentence: If I won 100 million I wou - Dean Cunningham metalsmit - 04-11-2012

Finally build my device and attendant software that would measure and map the inside and outside of helmets. Then compile a book of as many helmets as possible which would give detailed photos and measurements of all the helmets. The device would have the ability to be plugged into a 3-D printer so the book would include a disc or thumb drive that you could send to a 3-D prototyper and have you favorite helmets produced for closer examination. Oh and a villa.

Re: Complete the sentence: If I won 100 million I wou - hoplite14gr - 04-11-2012

FREE BEER??????????????????????????? YES! :!:

Kristian when you raise the army I will join :!:
in excahnge for Bavarian citizenship of course :mrgreen:

Re: Complete the sentence: If I won 100 million I wou - Ghostmojo - 04-11-2012

... I wouldn't tell anybody. But I would give half to charity immediately and distribute a fair chunk to family and friends. Nobody needs such vast amounts of money - I'd be happy with just a million, knowing I had helped out at least 99 other people or causes with similar amounts.

Re: Complete the sentence: If I won 100 million I wou - caiusbeerquitius - 04-12-2012

Oh, and after the reconquista I would also change traditional Bavarian women´s attire from

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dorena-wm/4299191883/in/set-72157623141214043

to Swasiland traditional attire, contains nudity.
Seems for fitting, in regard of our local climate becoming warmer every year. And then I would probably legalize marital polygamy for both sexes so that everybody can be married to everybody at all time. Would be a fun social experiment. :-)