Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complete the sentence: If I won 100 million I wou
Complete the Sentence(s): If I won 100 million I would build .......
(It has to be ancient reenactment related (Greek Celtic etc OK) also include WHERE)

Part of my sentence(s): .... underground would be modern living quarters for those unwilling to give up 21st century living entirely ....
John Kaler MSG, USA Retired
Member Legio V (Tenn, USA)
Staff Member Ludus Militus https://www.facebook.com/groups/671041919589478/
Owner Vicus and Village: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361968853851510/
I don't want to be an *ssh*le but is this really the place for this kind of topics? I'd suggest this to be placed in the off-topic section.
Valete,
Titvs Statilivs Castvs - Sander Van Daele
LEG XI CPF
COH VII RAET EQ (part of LEG XI CPF)

MA in History
If I won 100 million I would build .......a section for all of John Kaler's OT topics.

Legion: TBD
I have to agree on the off topic.

If I had the $100million, I'd fund the Carlysle Roman museum, and after that Vindoland (since I met Dr Birley this past summer). and then, fund a site in Virginia. After my villa in Sonoma wine country to which I'd invite all my Roman friends.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
I would buy a property sufficient to the task, and build a milecastle and an oppidium/hillfort.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
...build a real forum :wink:
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Quote:...build a real forum :wink:
So what's a 'real' forum Moi? That thingy in Rome? ;-)
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
... built myself a fine Roman villa, Laurentine-like, complete with mosaics and wall paintings, or imitate Reinach (Villa Kerylos, Beaulieu-sur-Mer, France) or Getty (Malibu, USA).

also

... [strike]build[/strike] be reminded of Crassus saying "that no one was rich who could not support an army out of his substance" (Plutarch, Crassus 2.7) Tongue
M. Caecilius M.f. Maxentius - Max C.

Qui vincit non est victor nisi victus fatetur
- Q. Ennius, Annales, Frag. XXXI, 493

Secretary of the Ricciacus Frënn (http://www.ricciacus.lu/)
... a late Roman fortified palatial complex.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Maybe make a historical correct roman movie Wink
AgrimensorLVCIVS FLAVIVS SINISTER
aka Jos Cremers
member of CORBVLO
ESTE NIX PAX CRISTE NIX
.... equip an army and re-conquer Bavaria from the Germans. Then grant free beer access to [strike]everybody in Bavaria[/strike] every Bavarian.
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Finally build my device and attendant software that would measure and map the inside and outside of helmets. Then compile a book of as many helmets as possible which would give detailed photos and measurements of all the helmets. The device would have the ability to be plugged into a 3-D printer so the book would include a disc or thumb drive that you could send to a 3-D prototyper and have you favorite helmets produced for closer examination. Oh and a villa.
Dean Cunningham,

Metalsmith, Father, dilettante
FREE BEER??????????????????????????? YES! :!:

Kristian when you raise the army I will join :!:
in excahnge for Bavarian citizenship of course :mrgreen:
... I wouldn't tell anybody. But I would give half to charity immediately and distribute a fair chunk to family and friends. Nobody needs such vast amounts of money - I'd be happy with just a million, knowing I had helped out at least 99 other people or causes with similar amounts.
[size=75:2kpklzm3]Ghostmojo / Howard Johnston[/size]

[Image: A-TTLGAvatar-1-1.jpg]

[size=75:2kpklzm3]Xerxes - "What did the guy in the pass say?" ... Scout - "Μολὼν λαβέ my Lord - and he meant it!!!"[/size]
Oh, and after the reconquista I would also change traditional Bavarian women´s attire from

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dorena-wm/4...3141214043

to Swasiland traditional attire, contains nudity.
Seems for fitting, in regard of our local climate becoming warmer every year. And then I would probably legalize marital polygamy for both sexes so that everybody can be married to everybody at all time. Would be a fun social experiment. :-)
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are the functions of an effective topic sentence? alexphilips 1 6,991 09-02-2018, 11:46 PM
Last Post: mrmovieprop