RomanArmyTalk
Wax modeling and casting of our models! - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Wax modeling and casting of our models! (/showthread.php?tid=17759)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Re: Wax modeling and casting of our models! - Rado - 12-07-2010

It is very difficult to achieve a thin layer of wax.Which will lead to lighter product in bronze. Right here is the secret of good work. To reach a compromise between the thickness of wall.Because the thin walls bear the risk in failure in the metal casting proces.

Signvm at Legio XIV Gemina Landesmuseum – Mainz.Caius Valerius Secundus della Legio XIV Gemina Landesmuseum – Mainz Capricorn frontal view.

With brass castings on the two Capricorn we were able to achieve 1 / 2 mm wall thickness.Weight 1,5 KG-length 25 cm.

In designing of this model I am guided by Flavian idea for Capricorn

All details are clearly visible and the relief is high.All creative work of modeling is from my brother Jordan.The Capricorn will be use like in the original Standard . Weight of the object 1,5 kg.

New right hand smaller and lighter 1.3 kg.

Because he will be combined with vexillum and Imag by following the original.

Re: Wax modeling and casting of our models! - Gaius Julius Caesar - 12-07-2010

Wow!! Those are amazing quality castings. Do you plan on making them to order?

We still have lot of work to do to complete them. But the winter is in front of us Smile .

Re: Wax modeling and casting of our models! - Dany Boy - 12-07-2010

AVE
Hiya Byron
I am so glad you guys like our models which we intend to use as Roman Standards! Big Grin
It’s been hard for me to materialize from wax my brother’s ideas according our hobby in which I am still new. :oops:
I usually prefer to swap things which have some connection with my hobby but in this wonderful reenacting hobby models are usually in scale 1:1 and they are made from solid and expensive materials like brass bronze or steel and exchanging it’s not that simple!
If someone would like to have some of the things we are doing please write a PM to Rado and he will answer as soon as it’s possible.
Thanks
VALE BENE

Re: Wax modeling and casting of our models! - Gaius Julius Caesar - 12-08-2010

Thank you Yordan, i will certainly keep you in mind!

Re: Wax modeling and casting of our models! - MDF - 12-09-2010

SUPERB! Confusedhock:

Re: Wax modeling and casting of our models! - Rado - 12-17-2010

2 sets buckle and rivets for pugio scabbard from silver and 1 set from bronze.And my wax work on them.

Re: Wax modeling and casting of our models! - Rado - 12-17-2010

Buckle have many curves with reverse angles that was difficult to me to follow them.

Re: Wax modeling and casting of our models! - Astiryu1 - 12-17-2010

Wow! Very nice pieces. I really like the Medusa Statue.