RomanArmyTalk
Change has come! - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Rules and Announcements (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Change has come! (/showthread.php?tid=14424)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Re: Change has come! - Lugorix - 02-08-2009

I noticed when I uploaded three attachments that only one displayed, with the other two show as links. Kinda messes up the the point of illustrations, doesn't it?

Anyway, I like the larger fonts and the full width, and understand there is still a lot of work to do. Good thing that the board was updated before the phpBB2 attacks.

Re: Change has come! - Praefectusclassis - 02-09-2009

Hi Jeff
How big were the images you attached? There's a limit on size beyond which they get (should be) thumbnailed and linked.

Re: Change has come! - Iulia Cassia Vegetia - 02-09-2009

The website looks FABULOUS! Very easy to read and user-frienfly-GREAT JOB Jasper! Big Grin

Re: Change has come! - Nihonius Legio - 02-11-2009

I'm liking almost everything about the new setup. I dont think the old forum had any bookmarking ability, now I'm really taking advantage of it isntead of having to remember every thread I've posted on. Love That!
My only issue is not a very big deal, but it's there. When I used to log in to romanarmy.com I could just click on the link for RAT and be signed in here. Now if I sign in to romanarmy.com I still have to sign in here and the previous sign in doesnt matter. I hope that makes some sense? Smile
Anyways, overall I'm very happy with the new format!

Re: Change has come! - Praefectusclassis - 02-12-2009

That makes sense Jared. I'll see if I can fix that again.

Re: Change has come! - Eduorius - 02-14-2009

I like this new style for the forums. More red and less gray was a very good change.

I also want to edit to say that I love the new options for the users.

Cheers.

Re: Change has come! - Idomeneas - 05-03-2009

When the forum is going to be back in full shape? I mean from logo/top graphics, to post organisation?

Re: Change has come! - D B Campbell - 05-06-2009

Wow! What just happened?! The entire Forum just changed before my eyes! Confusedhock:

Re: Change has come! - Praefectusclassis - 05-06-2009

Stuff happens. :mrgreen:

Re: Change has come! - D B Campbell - 05-06-2009

Niiiiice. Big Grin

Re: Change has come! - jvrjenivs - 05-06-2009

Indeed a wonderful lay-out. I really like it.
And the laudes are back Big Grin So, Laudes Jasper!

Re: Change has come! - Gaius Julius Caesar - 05-06-2009

This is different!
Nice change! 8)

Re: Change has come! - M. Demetrius - 05-06-2009

Yep. Looks great. I'm still grinning. I thought I'd clicked on an email message to reply and got sent to a parallel universe RAT or something. Well, not really, you know....

Smooth transition. Good job!

Re: Change has come! - Matthew Amt - 05-06-2009

Well, SOMEone has to complain, ha! Overall, looks great, and I particularly like the way the little page numbers at the bottom of a long thread are a tad larger and easier to click on.

But I don't like having the profiles over on the right side of the thread instead of the left! Seems to make it a lot harder to scan down and see who's posting, or to know who is the author of any particular reply. Is there any personal preference to alter this? I didn't find anything so far...

In general, though, I think Jasper is doing a fabulous job and I want to thank him for all his hard work.

Valete,

Matthew the Whiner

Re: Change has come! - Athena Areias - 05-06-2009

Woooo! Niiice!

Good job with this. Thanks for the tweaks (and keeping this thing running).