RomanArmyTalk
"De randen van de aarde" - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: "De randen van de aarde" (/showthread.php?tid=10953)

"De randen van de aarde" - Jona Lendering - 11-12-2007

In 2000, I published a book called De Randen van de aarde. De Romeinen tussen Schelde en Eems, which dealt with the Roman presence in Holland and Belgium. It is no longer available, but I need it for teaching purposes, so I will make a new, syllabus-like edition. If anyone is interested, drop me a p.m., and I will send a copy; I think it will be about 16 euro, incl. stamps. Reviews can be found here.
[Image: randen_s.jpg]

Re: "De randen van de aarde" - Praefectusclassis - 11-13-2007

Me, me!

Re: "De randen van de aarde" - Robert Vermaat - 11-13-2007

Quote:It is no longer available
Is that a fact? I saw it in either the museum shop or the bookshop in town, I recall.... Big Grin

Re: "De randen van de aarde" - Jona Lendering - 11-14-2007

Quote:I saw it in either the museum shop or the bookshop in town, I recall.... Big Grin
When? Where? As far as I know, it is sold out.

Re: "De randen van de aarde" - Wes - 11-14-2007

Is it only available in Dutch? I am a barbarian and only know one language.....barely!!

Re: "De randen van de aarde" - Robert Vermaat - 11-14-2007

Quote:
Vortigern Studies:14vtgbfb Wrote:I saw it in either the museum shop or the bookshop in town, I recall.... Big Grin
Last Saturday in Nijmegen...

Quote:Is it only available in Dutch?
Several times, foreign publishers have asked for my books; and I think -in all modesty- that my books on daily life in ancient Rome and Alexander the Great are better than what is usually published, the second one because I've also used the cuneiform stuff, which "authorities" like Cartledge, Lane Fox, and Heckel effortlessly ignore. But a reprint of Lane Fox, Heckel's old stuff, and Cartledge I-jump-on-Oliver-Stone's-bandwaggon book dominate the Anglo-Saxon market. And all reviews of my book were devoted to a comparison with that cursed Alexander movie. I am now working on a book on the rise of Christianity and Rabbinical Judaism. As long as I like writing itself, I won't complain, but -yes- I think my book on Alexander (and the general audience) deserved better.
Quote:
Jona Lendering:jtd3zjxg Wrote:
Vortigern Studies:jtd3zjxg Wrote:I saw it in either the museum shop or the bookshop in town, I recall.... Big Grin
Last Saturday in Nijmegen...
I'll drop you a p.m.

Re: "De randen van de aarde" - Gaius Julius Caesar - 11-14-2007

So, I take it, it is only available in dutch...... :?

It would be nice if your publishers were to do an barbarian edition too, I know so little about the Dutch side of the empire it is pitifull! :oops: :roll:

Quote:I know so little about the Dutch side of the empire it is pitifull! :oops: :roll:
[amazon]Maureen Carroll, Romans, Celts & Germans. The German Provinces of Rome[/amazon] (2002 Stroud) is not a bad book.

Re: "De randen van de aarde" - Robert Vermaat - 11-14-2007

Quote: not a bad book.

Yes, that would be a good qualification... Cry