Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"De randen van de aarde"
In 2000, I published a book called De Randen van de aarde. De Romeinen tussen Schelde en Eems, which dealt with the Roman presence in Holland and Belgium. It is no longer available, but I need it for teaching purposes, so I will make a new, syllabus-like edition. If anyone is interested, drop me a p.m., and I will send a copy; I think it will be about 16 euro, incl. stamps. Reviews can be found here.
[Image: randen_s.jpg]
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Me, me!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:It is no longer available
Is that a fact? I saw it in either the museum shop or the bookshop in town, I recall.... Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:I saw it in either the museum shop or the bookshop in town, I recall.... Big Grin
When? Where? As far as I know, it is sold out.
Jona Lendering
My website
Is it only available in Dutch? I am a barbarian and only know one language.....barely!!
Titvs Calidivs Agricola
Wes Olson

Twas a woman that drove me to drink, and I never thanked her. W.C. Fields
Quote:
Vortigern Studies:14vtgbfb Wrote:I saw it in either the museum shop or the bookshop in town, I recall.... Big Grin
Last Saturday in Nijmegen...
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Quote:Is it only available in Dutch?
Several times, foreign publishers have asked for my books; and I think -in all modesty- that my books on daily life in ancient Rome and Alexander the Great are better than what is usually published, the second one because I've also used the cuneiform stuff, which "authorities" like Cartledge, Lane Fox, and Heckel effortlessly ignore. But a reprint of Lane Fox, Heckel's old stuff, and Cartledge I-jump-on-Oliver-Stone's-bandwaggon book dominate the Anglo-Saxon market. And all reviews of my book were devoted to a comparison with that cursed Alexander movie. I am now working on a book on the rise of Christianity and Rabbinical Judaism. As long as I like writing itself, I won't complain, but -yes- I think my book on Alexander (and the general audience) deserved better.
Quote:
Jona Lendering:jtd3zjxg Wrote:
Vortigern Studies:jtd3zjxg Wrote:I saw it in either the museum shop or the bookshop in town, I recall.... Big Grin
Last Saturday in Nijmegen...
I'll drop you a p.m.
Jona Lendering
My website
So, I take it, it is only available in dutch...... :?

It would be nice if your publishers were to do an barbarian edition too, I know so little about the Dutch side of the empire it is pitifull! :oops: :roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:I know so little about the Dutch side of the empire it is pitifull! :oops: :roll:
[amazon]Maureen Carroll, Romans, Celts & Germans. The German Provinces of Rome[/amazon] (2002 Stroud) is not a bad book.
Jona Lendering
My website
Quote: not a bad book.

Yes, that would be a good qualification... Cry
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans