RomanArmyTalk
Late Roman tunic (Clavi) - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Late Roman tunic (Clavi) (/showthread.php?tid=7675)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Late Roman tunic (Clavi) - aitor iriarte - 12-08-2006

Well, if you ask, perhaps they'll answer you 'no'
If you don't ask and then do it discreetly, you can always pretend offended innocence when caught... Tongue

Aitor

Re: Late Roman tunic (Clavi) - Chariovalda - 12-08-2006

Ah, plausible deniability! :wink:

Yes and, I forgot:
Last, but not least, swallow your camera's memory card before they catch you. Thus you'll be able to recover it later for the benefit of all your mates, Late re-enactors! :lol:

Aitor

Re: Late Roman tunic (Clavi) - Peroni - 12-08-2006

But If they swallow the memory card Aitor, we may have to wait even longer for them to "download" the info!! :?

Re: Late Roman tunic (Clavi) - Primvs Pavlvs - 12-08-2006

Quote:But If they swallow the memory card Aitor, we may have to wait even longer for them to "download" the info!! :?

What kind of USB cable would you use for that?

Re: Late Roman tunic (Clavi) - Peroni - 12-08-2006

USB = up someones bottom? :lol:

Re: Late Roman tunic (Clavi) - Chariovalda - 12-08-2006

Quote:But If they swallow the memory card Aitor, we may have to wait even longer for them to "download" the info!! :?

Nah, I'll ask Robert to volunteer and than give a call to a lady friend who's a certified doctor. Nothing some sharp surgical instruments and a good dose of good 'ole mulsum beforehand and some needle and thread (admittedly anachronistic thread) can't solve. :twisted:

For Science and Experimental Archaeology! Huzzah! :wink:

Re: Late Roman tunic (Clavi) - Robert Vermaat - 12-08-2006

Suddenly the phrase 'inside information' reeks differently... :twisted:

Quote:For Science and Experimental Archaeology! Huzzah! :wink:
Can we have that in Latin? It'll be the battle cry at Archeon next year!

Quote:My camera's better, unless Robert gets himself a new one... :roll:
Just maybe, but not probable. Cry

Quote:And then...off to get embroiderer's cramp (me presumably) or the printshop (probably Robert's preferred solution). :wink:
Shh! Big Grin

Don't worry Robert, if you don't survive, we'll put a plate remembering your heroic deed... somewhere in the fort (maybe near the latrine :? lol:

Aitor

Re: Late Roman tunic (Clavi) - Robert Vermaat - 12-08-2006

Cheeky! :lol:

Re: Late Roman tunic (Clavi) - Marcus Mummius - 12-08-2006

Quote:Thanks Graham!

Antwerp is not exactly the next town, but close enough to organise a trip!

That's great news! I'm studying in Antwerp, probably exams the end of June but this is an exhibition that can't be missed!

Re: Late Roman tunic (Clavi) - Crispvs - 12-09-2006

Peronis,

If you can't print them on like Aitor, you could always try embroidering them like mine.

Crispvs

Re: Late Roman tunic (Clavi) - Franklin - 12-10-2006

All joking aside, I think it's really critical that somebody get detailed photos of these private pieces. It'd be a HUGE benefit to Late reenactors worldwide.

Re: Late Roman tunic (Clavi) - Robert Vermaat - 12-11-2006

Quote:Peronis,
If you can't print them on like Aitor, you could always try embroidering them like mine.

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

You also owe me a pic of that Late Roman scutum of the RMRS, the one you've attached the plumbatae to? Big Grin

coptic designs - Graham Sumner - 12-11-2006

If it is just designs you are after there is no real need for underhand methods or subterfuge as there is in fact a book on early coptic textile designs by Gerspach available now at Amazon!
Graham.