RomanArmyTalk
3mm mail plus scales - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: 3mm mail plus scales (/showthread.php?tid=11228)

Pages: 1 2

Re: 3mm mail plus scales - Gaius Julius Caesar - 12-12-2007

Anything I have 2 of....hmmmmm, ears, feet, eyes, hands, minds, nu....ok they're definately not for sale, tonsils, lungs, ....... :lol: :roll:

Re: 3mm mail plus scales - Dan Howard - 12-12-2007

I sold every scrap of armour I had to purchase Andrew's Dendra panoply. I'm slowly building up my collection again to help pay for my next insane purchase Wink

Re: 3mm mail plus scales - Gaius Julius Caesar - 12-12-2007

Quote:I sold every scrap of armour I had to purchase Andrew's Dendra panoply. I'm slowly building up my collection again to help pay for my next insane purchase Wink

Awesome armour too!

Re: 3mm mail plus scales - Tarbicus - 12-12-2007

Quote:I'm slowly building up my collection again to help pay for my next insane purchase Wink
Plumata?

Re: 3mm mail plus scales - Robert Vermaat - 12-12-2007

Quote:
Doc:1mpnge05 Wrote:I am next in line with Erik. I have decided to sell a kidney to raise the necessary funds. Anyone know someone in need of a slightly used kidney?

Mhh. With some fava beans and a nice chianti? :wink:

Re: 3mm mail plus scales - marsvigilia - 12-13-2007

Quote:
marsvigilia:3nthk6s1 Wrote:
Doc:3nthk6s1 Wrote:I am next in line with Erik. I have decided to sell a kidney to raise the necessary funds. Anyone know someone in need of a slightly used kidney?

Mhh. With some fava beans and a nice chianti? :wink:

You Hanibal.

Re: 3mm mail plus scales - Ironhand - 12-13-2007

Ooh, that is quite the insult. You called him a Carthaginian. Damn!!!

Re: 3mm mail plus scales - Franklin - 12-13-2007

Quote:This weekend one of our group (Tony) had a sample from Eric Schmidt of 3mm riveted mail with less than thumb nail sized scales on it. Amazing: had to almost have a magnifying lens for it. Too small for my cell phone camera, but maybe Tony will post an image? He paid $50 for a 1" square (about 2cm square).

Sounds like a sweetheart deal even at $50. Erik's website puts the 1" price at $75.

Re: 3mm mail plus scales - Gaius Julius Caesar - 12-13-2007

Quote:
richsc:3au204jn Wrote:This weekend one of our group (Tony) had a sample from Eric Schmidt of 3mm riveted mail with less than thumb nail sized scales on it. Amazing: had to almost have a magnifying lens for it. Too small for my cell phone camera, but maybe Tony will post an image? He paid $50 for a 1" square (about 2cm square).

Sounds like a sweetheart deal even at $50. Erik's website puts the 1" price at $75.

Hmmm, I wonder if he does one in athletic cup size? :roll:

But it would still be several thousand dollars so I will have to pass on his wonderful work I guess :lol:

Maybe once I'm listed on the Forbes top 500, I'll be able to splerge!! :twisted:

Re: 3mm mail plus scales - Erik D. Schmid - 12-13-2007

Gaius Julius Caesar\\n[quote]Hmmm, I wonder if he does one in athletic cup size? :roll:

But it would still be several thousand dollars so I will have to pass on his wonderful work I guess :lol: [quote]

Why, from what I've been told one scale may be a bit much. :twisted: :lol:

In all seriousness though, RAT members get a discount. It's the least I could do since you all have said such nice things. :wink:

Re: 3mm mail plus scales - Franklin - 12-13-2007

Quote:
In all seriousness though, RAT members get a discount. It's the least I could do since you all have said such nice things. :wink:

So, based on the discount that Tony got, a full hauberk would only run $10,000 instead of $15,000? That's very generous of you!

Re: 3mm mail plus scales - Erik D. Schmid - 12-14-2007

I was referring to the samples. :wink:

Re: 3mm mail plus scales - Franklin - 12-14-2007

Ha! :lol:

Oh well, one can dream. At any rate, for most of us the difference between a $10,000 hauberk and a $15,000 one is an amusing side-note at best.