Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New at LacusCurtius and Livius.Org
The Newsbot still has troubles catching up what's on our blog, which is a pity because it used to work and, ahem, the blog was meant to make the Newsfeet run automatically. Anyhow, here's a summary of what's new.

The Bosphorus (a small part of some 30 pages on Constantinople that are now almost finished; history, photos); the Notitia Urbis Constantinopolitanae, Latin text of a fifth-century description of guess what, and a review of the Istanbul Archaeological Museum.

Choara (where Darius III was killed); the naval battle of Artemisium; the battle of Chaeronea; the battle of Cynoscephalae; Halicarnassus; Harran and a quick note on the battle of Carrhae; the legendary city/hill of Nysa; the Altar of the Philaeni; the ruins of Segesta.

The Nubian Pharaohs, an article that already provoked a lot of nonsensical mail to my address - afrocentrism has an unpleasant side.

Daniel 11 and the Syrian Wars: an article that speaks for itself.

A review of the Museums on the Teutoburg Forest Musea (i.e., Kalkriese and Haltern), a review of three books on Achaemenid History, and 500 ancient sites on Google Earth (in Dutch, but place names are recognizable).

A LOT of texts by Plutarch:
* On keeping well
* On superstition
* On having many friends
* On virtue and vice
* On Fortune
* Advice to Bride and Groom
* Consolation to his Wife
* On listening to lectures
* Can virtue be taught?
* The education of children

PLUS:
* Suetonius' On Grammarians
* Suetonius' On Rhetoricians
* Ps.-Cicero's Rhetorica ad Herennium

And finally an article on The Image of Moloch. I left out some small stuff, for which you can check our blog.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website

Messages In This Thread
Re: New at LacusCurtius and Livius.Org - by Ross Cowan - 07-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Re: New at LacusCurtius and Livius.Org - by Ross Cowan - 07-25-2007, 03:54 PM
(Digital Ritterling again) - by D B Campbell - 08-17-2007, 09:42 AM
T. Rice Holmes - by Paullus Scipio - 10-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Lacus Curtius - by Paullus Scipio - 12-02-2007, 01:43 AM
Lacus Curtius - by Paullus Scipio - 12-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Re: New at LacusCurtius and Livius.Org - by Jona Lendering - 07-28-2008, 12:35 AM