Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ars Dimicandi about european Reenactment in german news
Commilites, avete.
My name is Dario Battaglia, the President of ArsDimicandi.
Indeed, forgive my bad English language.

I begin with three ethical reflections.
The first: who has verified the authenticity of the article published from Gabinus on the RAT? Has someone asked to the journalist, or better to ArsDimicandi directly, if the concepts express in the article are affirmed by AD really? Why ArsDimicandi hasn’t received an invitation for answer about the article in matter? The knowledge of this Topic has been casual entirely. Is it this a normal procedure about a group or a person of which speaks?
The second: for which motive AD is criticized for not comparing in the RAT? The contrary one is not valid also? Why - except Geta - nobody of the participants to this Topic compared in the Forum of ArsDimicandi? Besides in our Forum doesn't speak only a language, but we also answer in English and Spanish.
The third one: Luca Bonacina, don’t worry! You’re our most merciless opponent just when you’re certain that any member of AD law your interventions in the Forums.

I am very been sorry that someone takes us in antipathy. Unfortunately the most greater part of the information that circulate on us, doesn't originate from us. Or they born by us but they are certainly distorted.
I will make only an example to show as the ignorance or the malevolence can transform completely the image of an authentic project.
AD isn’t stubborn on the leathers segs in particularly, never, but on the impelling necessity of the Roman milites to employ often, organic caresses. A demand derived by the needs of military true experimentation.
I have been sorry for someone, but curacies in leather, felt and quilt of compressed wool (in Latin: coriis, coactilia aut centonibus tegimenta) are repeatedly used by the Romans. From Caesar until to Diocletianus, innumerable are the literary and epigraphic testimonies on the single use of the organic caresses, or combined to the Hamatae (these, which we use totally).
The certainty of the written sources and the absence of those archaeological, puts on job the experimental archaeology, not the reenacting. And here I believe that all of you, know how experimental archaeology was born, around the empirical reconstruction of a Neolithic village.
The problem is not the absence of archaeological attestations, and not even to believe in the resistance of the organic materials. Their literary existence has verified without doubt, on the soldiers, in the fight, in the siege. The problem is to individualize its exact function and as them were made.
Who ignores this matter is far a lot from the truth. Who ignores or ridicules the job to 360° of ArsDimicandi, cannot be interested indeed in the Roman army.
Naturally ArsDimicandi doesn't work on the caresses exclusively, and the same principle of job is applied to a lot of other matters.

ummos1501 wrote:
From the article quoted by Robert at http://www.romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=9040 , about Ars Dementicato: [i]“Of course the fights are choreographed, everything follows a set plan and is inevitably "for effects". The show wants to entertain and so it does. In the final scene the spectacle has at last arrived at Hollywood, accompanied by the titlesong from "Gladiator". [...] The show was perfect, but there's a rub in it: without need the organizers praised it as authentic)â€

Messages In This Thread
Re: Ars Dimicandi about european Reenactment in german news - by arsdimicandi - 10-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Ars Dimicandi - by Graham Sumner - 10-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Re: Ars Dimicandi - by Tib. Gabinius - 10-20-2006, 05:37 PM
leather armour - by Graham Sumner - 10-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Re: leather armour - by Tib. Gabinius - 10-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Re: leather armour - by mcbishop - 10-20-2006, 08:36 PM
leather armour - by Graham Sumner - 10-20-2006, 09:57 PM
Re: leather armour - by Tib. Gabinius - 10-20-2006, 10:56 PM
leather armour - by Graham Sumner - 10-21-2006, 12:31 AM
EXPERIMENTAL ARCHAEOLOGY. - by Graham Sumner - 10-21-2006, 09:58 AM
books - by Graham Sumner - 10-21-2006, 11:50 AM
leather lorica - by Graham Sumner - 10-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Fascia - by Graham Sumner - 10-22-2006, 12:09 PM