Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massive gathering in Germania in 2009
Stefan, I agree 100%.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
We are on January 2007 - some news at now?

Salvete!

Alexius
Primus Inter Pares

Cetobrigus Alexius / Alexandre de Setúbal
Salvete!

Well, I don't know if there is something building up on the roman side. But you seem to be friends enough to cooperate, any way, and there is still time until 2009, right?
I think, June 2007 is realistic for pushing harder. Then there will be some experience between Germanics and Romans, there will have happened some meetinges between organizers and reenactors, worked out some alternative sketches of the show. And then, in the end of June there will be the great start-off.

On the Germanic side there is still too much virtual cooperation and too little real life, but the first handful of dates, private as well as events, is clear now, before Kalkriese 2007, so that we will know what we can offer and what not. And on my homeside, the afore mentioned Alamannic groups, there is some progress, as two of the groups have already found Roman partner groups with whom they will share a number of events. This will be the only way of reenacting a great battle in a safe but impressive manner: I will not stand against some strangers in Roman uniforms, but I will know the group opposite mine by heart. With these friends I can do stunts that would be suicide in a freefight.

And that is a very fine progress that makes me happy, be there a Varrian Battle or not. Before 2009 I will have fought a couple of battles, or have been arrested by Beneficarii for rioting in a Taberna, or whatsoever, and it will always become better and a lot of fun.

If I am allowed to make some humble proposals to you Romans: if you have some Barbarians nearby who do not make you puke by their "conanesse": find yourselves a partner group ! And don't stop talking about 2009, within half a year there comes the moment when someone asks: who do you know. So: get to know each other!

Alexi,

I will write to you an email tomorrow, now I have to sleep.

Valete commilitones!

Ulfwin
Ulfwin, the Hunno
(Stefan Deuble)
I've heard rumors that the Haltern museum is coordinating something really big for 2009 WITH a big budget...Does someone have any contacts there?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Oh yes, you are right! There is a company around that three-musea project, Haltern, Detmold, Kalkriese. I have been told just yesterday, that they have made a real company somewhat like (crude translation) Varrianbattle2009 ltd. I will write them, too.

Thanks,

Stefan
Ulfwin, the Hunno
(Stefan Deuble)
Dear Stefan,

I was send you more informations by your PM.

Salve!

Alexius
Primus Inter Pares

Since this day, waiting for some comunication...

Germany 2009, a :lol: Joke? I hope so not…

Alexius
Primus Inter Pares

Quote:There is a company around that three-musea project, Haltern, Detmold, Kalkriese. I have been told just yesterday, that they have made a real company somewhat like (crude translation) Varrianbattle2009 ltd.

Avete omnes,

the website of the three cities project in 2009:

http://www.imperium-konflikt-mythos.de/

At the moment, the site is German only with few information. In 2008 a full size Roman ship replica shall be launched.

In 2009 there will be a big exhibition / event at the three historical locations, about the imperium, the conflict and the myth.

The site also invites to ask for more information and contact the staff-members.
Greetings from germania incognita

Heiko (Cornelius Quintus)

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Salve Alexius,

I was not often online in the last weeks, sorry. I sent you an email with more details.

@ imperium-konflikt-mythos: right, that three cities (Ankh, Morpork and Klatch, I suppose) make plans for the Year of Varus 2009. The afore mentioned company is the Kalkriese musem itself, so someone told me quite old stuff for news.

Some things that blocked my own activities are over now, I will again annoy some important people and will report here as soon as there is reliable news.

Cheers,

Stefan
Ulfwin, the Hunno
(Stefan Deuble)
I will wait... (sorry for my post, but I have a lots of work in others re-enectment projects areas and I dont like spend time.)

Alexius
Primus Inter Pares

Thank you, Alexius!

I do well understand your impatience. All this "not now" stuff annoys me, too. And the feeling that all communication is for nothing, because there are some other ones who are related to the right person and will make their own thing in the end, but they will never tell you. Because they cannot imagine something greater than their own strength, to choose friendly words. It would be so easy to say: hey Stefan, nice that you are so enthusiastic, but we, X.Y., have already done the work and will make a fine reenactment. We don't need you or anyone else, but thank you all! That would be enough. But all this fishing in the dark is consuming so much time and energy. So my next work is to find out, if there is someone else who really , e.g. in reality, does something for a 2009 reenactment. If there is, I will do what I promised in the beginning, and put my work in their hand, if wanted. If it is someone who reads here and doesn't make contact by himself but waits for being discovered, I would be quite annoyed.

Thing is, that networking means working. A big thing will not work without widespread preparation. One can't simply engage a number of groups for day X and think it will be a good show. And all those, who say "wait!" but do not say what they do with this waiting time, well, they will be to blame if the outcome is only a lame duck, where a great eagle could fly. Those who know me in real life do know, that I actually like a good show, that I enjoy fame and laudes, but that I do not organize things with the aim of putting myself in center. I am not the one who needs to talk to reporters all the time. I am happy, when my baby is alive, not when I am on TV. And it is a chance for "old fellows" who think themselves "big" in reenactment, if they listen to a newcomer (I do these things only for seven years now, so I am quite unknown outside my own little realm). A newcomer can work together with people who would otherwise fight each other. So I really hope that somewhere outside there is someone already at work and says hello now! Not leaning back and waiting for the wreckage of a newbie. We will see. Better soon.

Cheers,

Stefan
Ulfwin, the Hunno
(Stefan Deuble)
well said!
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Sorry, I'm a bit confused, but is this something that will really be happening or something we hope will happen?
[Image: RAT_signature2.png]
It seems to me a bit of both.
Kalkriese WILL take place, and there WILL be some groups be there.
If this will be what were planed here before i doubt.
real Name Tobias Gabrys

Flavii <a class="postlink" href="http://www.flavii.de">www.flavii.de
& Hetairoi <a class="postlink" href="http://www.hetairoi.de">www.hetairoi.de
Hi there!

Saul, up to now it is nothing but a powerful idea. However: you need a good concept and good groups to make the museum interested. You need the invitation of the museum to make many groups interested. Somewhat you play the role of having to convince both sides. Of course this is sheer nonsense, but many people are trapped in this circuit. But well, if you ask for real, TODAY I have to agree with Tobias, the thing I dream of will not happen. That's the actual situation.

I am a sober realist. Besides all my enthusiasm. But I have enough imagination and I can say that Tobias is not right: the thing he expects to happen 2009 may well be the same thing the Kalkriese museum is heading for. But 2009 reality will provide different scenes. Outside in the world, there are NOW hundreds of reenactors, or just plastic renn-fair people, vikings, barbarians, celts, who intend to go to the Varus Battle 2009. With good preparation this can be lead to a great event. With plain ignorance of this outside world, it will either lead to a silly event, where hundreds of wannabe teutons will spoil the picture and make the invited groups invisible. Or, if they are dejected at the entrance, there will not be riots, but a huge illegal camp of howling drunkards, bigger than the event. Of course this can be mended by police forces, but the headlines in the press will be remarkable. Not the best light on Germany in the public, I suppose.
For myself I prefer a dream to come true, not a nightmare. That's what I am working for. The backleaners who think 2009 is just a date like 2007, 2005, 2003 in Kalkriese, well, we'll see. It is not only a chance that might pass by, it is also a threat that could come true. Sorry, but 2009 is special and needs special treatment. If I did not believe that it is possible to make something great out of this, I would sincerely recommend the Kalkriese museum not to do any reenactment or living history event in 2009. Just for safety reasons. In fact I will talk to them soon. 2009 simply is a special thing.

Cheers,

Ulfwin
Ulfwin, the Hunno
(Stefan Deuble)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roma Aeterna - Gathering of the Legions mauritiuscomellus 51 10,133 08-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Last Post: vipsania