Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wet Brits
Say, do our British RATers still have dry feet?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I do, but I fear those a bit further south than I will be a bit damp to say the least. Luckily i'm escaping to Scotland tomorrow, and where i'm going seems to be one of the few safe places, mainly because i'll be on top of a hill!
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus
[Image: comitatus.jpg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.comitatus.net">www.comitatus.net
do you also still have water? (heard that this also broke down).
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Well thoses people in Tewkesbury are having bottles trucked in!

At one supermarket, people cleared the shelves of bottled water, then were selling them for £5 each in the parking lot! Talk about rip of predators! :evil:

Where in scotland are you going Dave, we are getting a bit of rain up here too, not quite the same as down south tho'! Confusedhock:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
It's been interesting driving to work through rivers which were once roads, and being surrounded by farmland which now looks like paddy fields.
We have been lucky though as we live on a slope, so we were relatively unaffected, but not so lucky for people just a few miles away Sad Gloucestershire got it far worse than we did.
I really hope it has stopped raining now.

Those profiteers in Tewkesbury should be put in the stocks.
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Quote:.

Yep, or put in the arena with some of my feline friends!!!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:
Memmia:ln60gz5c Wrote:.

Yep, or put in the arena with some of my feline friends!!!

I think by now the arena would be more suited to hosting a mock naval battle! I think your reptilian friends would do better to solve the profiteer problem :wink:

[Image: !potm-dec99.jpg]

P.S. Everyone please keep your fingers crossed that the sun comes out on Friday afternoon. My other half (at very short notice- in fact 18 days notice, the legal minimum!) is making an honest woman out of me (ha!ha!) at the local registry office, and I don't want to get wed wearing a rainhat and wellies! Cry
Friends of Letocetum
All we need is for the Jet Stream to remember where it lives (north of Scotland, not northern France) and we'll be fine.... next year.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Congratulations on you upcomming wedding Memmia!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Congratulations on you upcomming wedding Memmia!

Thankyou, I have something old...something new...something borrowed... some distress flares and a lifejacket Big Grin

P.S. I think my sig will finally have some relevance :wink:
Friends of Letocetum
Ahh, we Romans all know that the Britons all have webbed toes anyway. They'll be fine, they're right in their element.
Pecunia non olet
Quote:Luckily i'm escaping to Scotland tomorrow, and ... i'll be on top of a hill!
Hope you had a nice time in Caledonia, Dave. The weather here (along the Vallum Antonini) has been a mix of sunshine and clouds. Jupiter Pluvius has been placated.
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Hi there, i'm speakng to you from our friends PC who we're staying with, it's been great so far, i'm in Lossiemouth, which is roughly and hour away from Inverness, the weather has been good so far, a little rain yesterday, but apart from that great. A big congrats on getting married Joanne, I hope it has stayed dry for you big day Big Grin
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus

Watch out for low flying aircraft, Dave! :wink:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Lol, the guy whose house we're staying in (my dad's friend) is a squadron leader in the RAF base just a mile or two from the house, so we sometimes have great fun going down to the base etc. watching him in the flight sim was the best though Big Grin
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is wrong with those wackey Brits? Primvs Pavlvs 17 3,009 08-06-2006, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Tarbicus
  Brits and the True Roman Spirit richsc 7 1,892 04-08-2004, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Crispvs