Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article request
Quote: Is there anyone that can tell if the Manning publication on the plumata found at Usk contains other information than the article published by Price (which relevant contents on the specimen is cited above)?

Manning, W.H., Price, J., and Webster, J
1995 Roman Small Finds: Report on the Excavations at Usk 1965-1976. Vol. VII, University of Wales Press.

Price, P.
1983 An interesting Find of Lorica Plumata from the Roman Fortress at Usk. In: Roman Military Equipment: Proceedings of a Seminar held in the Department of Ancient History and Classical Archaeology at the University of Sheffield, 21th of March 1983. M.C. Bishop (editor), pp.12-13.

The university here in Munich has:
Manning, William H.
Boon, George Counsell
Greene, Kevin
Cardiff
Univ. of Wales Pr.
Report on the Excavations at Usk/[6]
Excavations at Usk <1965 - 1976>

it's Vol 6 here, but that should be the correct one it seems.

The other one is there as well, you'll have to give me time till next week or the week after though ....
Quote:The other one is there as well, you'll have to give me time till next week or the week after though ....

Martin,

That is most kind of you.

Thanks,

Martijn
Hi Martijn

Quote:Is there anyone that can tell if the Manning publication on the plumata found at Usk contains other information than the article published by Price (which relevant contents on the specimen is cited above)?

got to the University library finally :-) )

However

Quote:Price, P.
1983 An interesting Find of Lorica Plumata from the Roman Fortress at Usk. In: Roman Military Equipment: Proceedings of a Seminar held in the Department of Ancient History and Classical Archaeology at the University of Sheffield, 21th of March 1983. M.C. Bishop (editor), pp.12-13.

wasn't where it should have been, so couldn't compare directly. I did however take pics with my digital camera of whats written in Manning, W.H., Price, J., and Webster, J. 1995 Roman Small Finds: Report on the Excavations at Usk 1965-1976.
PM me your email address and I'll send you those ...
Martin,

Thank you very much. The information is most welcome.

Regards,

Martijn
Martin, if it would not be too much trouble, could you send me those pics as well? Wink

[email protected]
Erik,

Otherwise I will forward this e-mail from my address.

Regards,

Martijn
Either way works for me. Wink

In any event It appears that I will be making this reproduction entirely out of brass. Seems the safest bet.
Quote:Martin, if it would not be too much trouble, could you send me those pics as well? Wink

Hi Erik and Martijn,

the pics are on the way per email, hope it helps a bit!
The pics were great. Thanks. Big Grin
The photos were excellent. Thank you very much.

Martijn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paludamentum Article request Doc 4 1,884 07-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Doc