Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keltica RAT offer
We appreciate your support. We have had them photograph all their most 'Iffy' bits of kit and we are beginning to slowly work through the worst of the mistakes.

Their Republican shields and New Iron Age Celtic shields are very very good and we hope to have them on our website in the next month.

Any questions or suggestions you may have, just drop us a line.

Will
Quote:Their Republican shields and New Iron Age Celtic shields are very very good

I'm wondering if their Republican shields will have an uncanny slight resemblance to these ones?!
http://www.armamentaria.com/store/index ... ucts_id=32
Hi Peroni,

Thanks for the link, actually no, their boss is more authentic and their shields are solid red colour. We are just working out accurate handles for tem.

WillMH
Hi all,

Just wanted to drop by and make a slight correction, the 6mm hamata is 18 guage not 16 guage.

WillMH
Quote:Hi all,

Just wanted to drop by and make a slight correction, the 6mm hamata is 18 guage not 16 guage.

WillMH

:? ? lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Thanks for pointing that out.
Quote:By the way, for those who are interested: The 6mm Hamata is Mild steel, 16 gauge and weighs in at 15.50lbs exactly. It is 48 Inches across at full stretch and 32 inches long.

Um. If it is 48 inches (122 cm) across, that would mean a circumference of 96 inches (244cm).

I could lose a few pounds, but that sounds like it would fit a horse.
>|P. Dominus Antonius|<
Leg XX VV
Tony Dah m

Oderint dum metuant - Cicero
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius
Quote:Um. If it is 48 inches (122 cm) across, that would mean a circumference of 96 inches (244cm).

I think Will means 48" around not across, 48" is the total chest circumference not diameter. Smile

Edit: Typing to quickly!
Lee
(Lucius)

Legio V Alaudae (Europe)
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.alaudae.eu/">http://www.alaudae.eu/
Quote:
marsvigilia:2gp1pz7p Wrote:Um. If it is 48 inches (122 cm) across, that would mean a circumference of 96 inches (244cm).

I think Will means 48" around not across, 48" is the total chest diameter. Smile

Err. Circumference?
>|P. Dominus Antonius|<
Leg XX VV
Tony Dah m

Oderint dum metuant - Cicero
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius
You mean start up a store in Canada that sells deepeeka? That'd work too.

Legion: TBD
Attention everyone,

I am not sure that this thread is the place to be making supplications for new distributors.

If a wholesaler wished to contact some retailer directly and offer their best deal to them, perhaps it would be better to make a private message?

This thread is about the 'Keltica RAT offer' and it seems to be getting off topic.

RAT cannot get involved in negotiations between manufacturers and wholesalers and retailers about their individual business arrangements, just like RAT cannot 'approve' any line of specific equipment or product, even though a product can be offered to members of RAT or such, RAT in no way can take liability for such products or such negotiations.

This allows individual members to comment about the products in a free and fair open forum, to enable the manufacturers and distributors to improve their products, without the forum having to take a side or 'approve' and 'disapprove' any item. Discussion is wonderful, in a proper thread, but this thread should revert to the stated topic and a new thread might be opened for any off topic discussions.

Members may approve or disapprove an item but the ROMAN ARMY TALK entity will not do so.

Please refer to the rules for posting.

Thank you
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
That hamata looks radically well done!

Do you offer any Republican style shield bosses (umbos)? not a whole shield, that I already have, just the oval umbo with two openings for the support braces.
Vale!

Antonivs Marivs Congianocvs
aka_ANTH0NY_C0NGIAN0

My ancient coin collection:
[url:3lgwsbe7]http://www.congiano.com/MyCoins/index.htm[/url]
Antonivs ,

Yes, we are soon going to be offerring some separate kit parts such as bosses, lorica hinges, rivets and (fingers crossed) hobnails.

Caius Fabius,

Thank you for your guidance. Keltica is designed to be a centre for educational excellence where we can do funded archaeological research and publish finding that hopefully have such integrity. We are not here to solely make as much money as possible, but very occassionally, as we do improve Daniyal Steel Crafts equipment, we will ask for suggestions, concerns before we run with each piece.

Thank you for your guidance once again.

WillMH
When I click on the link above then re-enactor's kit I only get a limited number of items. Where is the republican scutum? I see one lorica, one hamata, several helmets and a Dura,a clepius and imperial scutum.
Am I not looking in the right place?
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens