Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keltica RAT offer
http://www.chami.com/tips/internet/021198I.html
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
any info on these? i'd like to know if those are stainless bosses or really shiney ones Smile whats the weight on the shields etc. and the guage of the brass hinges etc. its all in the details to get us to get off our wallets Wink
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
[url:em57ti3w]http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/Roman/index.htm[/url]
Cheers Jim, a little different on aol 9 vr but got there in the end! Big Grin
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hi Everyone,

Glad you are pleased with the work we have done on the republican scutum. I'll be back here in a few minutes with as much info as possible.

Marsvigili, yes the bosses are coming, we are just working on correcting the flanges, they will be brass and also steel available.

More soon

WillMH
Hi Everyone,

Okay Keltica's Republcan shield weighs: 5.600gms

The umbo is your choice, really shiny or dull, let us know if you place an order.

The Lorica fittings- hinges- are 22 gauge.

Hi Tarbicus, yes, we are working on the possibility of Iron rimming top and bottom, but nothing until we have taken the next step with the helmets.

The photo of the back of the Republican scutum is coming in our next post.

WillMH
We have added the photo of the back of the scutum to the Keltica on line store. The photo is the smaller one underneath the photo of the Republican shield.

You will also see we have settled on a price in line with the other Scutum we sell.

Regards

WillMH
how does the gual shield handle attach? any chance of a picture of the back and a total weight of it?
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
[url:em57ti3w]http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/Roman/index.htm[/url]
Why is this link in such an obscure part of the forum? Takes me ages to remember how to get here! Wouldn't they be better in the marketplace Jasper?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Nope, it's a community announcement, now isn't it?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Don't know, just seemed it was the first time I had heard of them as a supplier, didn't realise they existed before.... I tend to go with what I see sanctioned by this forum on the whole! 8) Looks like thay will be a usefull resource, especially for those on far side of the pond! Big Grin
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Wait, I thought this was the near side of the pond?
>|P. Dominus Antonius|<
Leg XX VV
Tony Dah m

Oderint dum metuant - Cicero
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius
Only if your on the other side of the pond!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel