Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passion Play
Quote:What is this about?

It's about the proposed Cambridge Passion Play, as I said. If you don't know what a Passion Play is, it's basically the story of the trial and crucifixion of Christ. But you're 44 and inhabit a Christian country, so presumably you knew that.
Yes, but I am a pagan! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seems they come up with a new name for easter every day! :roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:But you're 44 and inhabit a Christian country, so presumably you knew that.
Ah? I would not like to be the one that has to give a penny to each adult in a Christian country that does not know this! :roll:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:
paulaallen:2ik8ow02 Wrote:But you're 44 and inhabit a Christian country, so presumably you knew that.
Ah? I would not like to be the one that has to give a penny to each adult in a Christian country that does not know this! :roll:

No, neither would I. Perhaps I expect too much.
Quote:Yes, but I am a pagan! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seems they come up with a new name for easter every day! :roll:

I wouldn't want to be guilty of assuming that, just because you follow a certain religion, you wouldn't know about others. Indeed, I have plenty of evidence from the numerous pagans of my acquaintance that they are very well-informed about aspects of Christianity (they just don't get the main point :lol: :lol: :lol: ).

Let's not get side-tracked, though, this thread is about whether or not you want to be involved in a play. The organisers will not discriminate against anyone on grounds of religion (after all, the Romans in the original would have been pagans)but, should you feel that your beliefs debar you from participating, we will, of course, respect that.
Well, as you guys started the ball rolling. :wink:

We're a Parliamentary Democracy, with a christian hereditary monarch as head of state who is head of her own Church. Legally, there may be a case for calling us a christian country, but in practice there hasn't been a criminal blasphemy prosecution here for over 30 years (which caused more confusion than anything) and we've moved on since the 17th Century and the puritan regime where Byron would have probably been locked up for proclaiming himself a non-Abrahamic pagan Big Grin
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Off to OT with ya! :wink:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:(after all, the Romans in the original would have been pagans)

[Image: Times_RomansPagans.jpg]
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
Yes, I am a 're-enacting pagan' but not too sure about the organised religions. I gave up wanting to be the pope a looooong time ago :lol: :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
are you sure, i read a book called " the sexlives of the popes" very entertaining!

[amazon]Sex Lives of the Popes[/amazon]
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
LOL Well I wasn't going to go for a job that meant I couldn't get married...
don't know why i worried about that now! :lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:are you sure, i read a book called " the sexlives of the popes" very entertaining!

[amazon]Sex Lives of the Popes[/amazon]

I've read that too, it is hilarious. :lol:
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Papel history is filled with lies, sex and murder. Several popes were married (pope Adrian II, Clement IV to name but a few). 1 pope even wasn't a catholic to begin with. He had to be introduced into the "true faith" the night before his coronation!
Pope John XII was accused of turning the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano into a brothel! Before he was desposed by the conclave his list of crmies included adultery, fornication, incest, bribery, murder and dealing with the devil. Rumour has it that he was murdered by a jealous husband who found out that he (= John XII) was giving sexual affections to his wife.
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
All the fun and games with the popes stems from the political manipulation of the office, which led to the installation of those remarkably unsuitable candidates. The faults lay, not with the Church, nor with the Faith but, as always, with mankind (and, specifically, the damned politicians among them! :lol: ).

As I said before, the original thread was intended as an invitation to participate in the play.
Faith in its self ca not be bad but generally I treat all types of "organized clergy" with suspicion.

What I object to is the general tendnecy of the people to be slow in recting to abused in "the name of" whatever...

Back to the original: passion play or other religious plays were very comon in the Medieval times but in out times they mostly became part of the folklore in many places

Kind regards

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A passion play with decent Roman costumes jkaler48 5 1,466 11-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Last Post: MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS