Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medieval jewellery - 13th-14th century BC???
As if life wasn't complicated enough... :wink:

Quote:"Medieval Gold Jewellery Found in Thracian Mound in Bulgaria

A total of eleven gold rings, three bracelets and a pair of ear-rings have been found in a Thracian mound between Bulgaria's villages of Topolchane and Kaloyanovo.

The artifacts were discovered in the tombs of three women by one of Bulgaria's best-known archaeologists, Professor Georgi Kitov.

"In 13th-14th century BC there was a medieval settlement near the mound," professor Kitov explained.

The finds will be preserved in the museum of history in the nearby town of Sliven.

After the unearthing of the first layer in the place, the excavation works will continue. There are to be performed such in a total of 12 Thracian mounds in the region during this summer."

"In 13th-14th century BC there was a medieval settlement near the mound"

Well this proves that time machines existed during Medieval times!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Maybe it just means that there was a REALLY ADVANCED Bronze Age settlement there! No, you're right, it's a time machine. Or aliens.

Matthew
Matthew Amt (Quintus)
Legio XX, USA
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.larp.com/legioxx/">http://www.larp.com/legioxx/
no, this is further prove of Atlantis.
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Or where alternate universe's collide......
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Maybe Doctor Who just went back from the Middle Ages and left some junk behind. Confusedhock: Big Grin
Derek D. Estabrook
I think it's more likely due to the archeological team celebrating their discovery with a crate of Bulgarian brandy just before speaking to the press Big Grin
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Or perhaps he said CE and the journalist got confused...... not to many plebs are familiar with the term! :? ? ? roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RAT equivalent for 12th-13th Cent/Crusader? Franklin 3 1,135 11-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Crispvs
  Question about 14th century swords and scabbards Magnus 10 2,162 04-29-2007, 01:28 AM
Last Post: A_Volpe