Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG...pepper spray SUCKS!!!
We got pepper sprayed tonight as part of our training...I've NEVER in my life felt something so intense. It felt like someone stuck a flame thrower in my face and eyes and hit me for about 10 minutes straight, then it began to subside.

I will never do that again voluntarily...lol!!!

Legion: TBD
Uh Huh...

Great product is it not.

We got sprayed one at a time and then got attacked by another cadet from behind and had to fight for three minutes. If they got your gun you got sprayed again. My partner and I took turns attacking each other. We whispered an agreement not to take the other's gun, and put on a show.

About 5% of the population is immune, and can put the stuff on their french fries if they want. I used it on more than several occasions during "event closure with subjects that exhibit hostile behavior". A couple of them did not go down and there was real party in progress to achieve earthly harmony and tranquility again. Then it dawned on them they had been sprayed and the effect hit them. Every one suddenly decided it was high time to follow the path of enlightenment and peace.

I think I would rather be shot again than get hit with that stuff. In retro, tear gas was a bother. CS gas was bad. Pepper was awful. Thank god most of the idiots out there try for your gun and not your spray. You can keep your gun in a threat level three holster much easier than your spray holder.

I see you passed your mid-term.

Ralph Izard
Quote:I see you passed your mid-term.
Well done Matt!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Matt your so haaauuuggghhtttt!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like your on your way to spending more time at Tim Hortons! :wink:
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
Ok Matt, I've prepared for you your new avatar:

[Image: marty.jpg]

Vale,
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
Congrats Matt.

Suddenly I feel very relieved we did not have "pepper spray issue" at the border :twisted:

Kind regards
Hahahaha, thanks guys. Yeah ralph, I'd definately take getting shot over being pepper sprayed again. The crappy thing is that they said in some cases you'll get cross-contaminated when your partner or someone else is trying to spray an offender.

Yeah, mid-terms went OK, but I didn't get the marks I wanted in the federal statutes closed book exam. But it's no biggie, since mid-terms only count for 20% of our final mark, so I can work a bit more and get a better mark.

Paul, I'll take you to tim hortons when you come up here sometime... Big Grin

Quote: The crappy thing is that they said in some cases you'll get cross-contaminated when your partner or someone else is trying to spray an offender.

..... I can work a bit more and get a better mark.

One of my partners (in the cop meaning, not the PC meaning), was attacked by a mental case who thought he was in a different state (like Idaho or someplace), and was on his way to get married to some famous actress. She (my partner) pulled him for speeding and he got out and jumped her. She tried to spray him, but held the can wrong while struggling, and sprayed herself. He was big and they were rolling around on the highway when a motorist stopped to help and subdue the guy. The motorist then asked her for a date. The stuff gets on everything and you want people hit or cross contaminated to stay downwind. Learned advice: Wash your hands after using spray before you go to the men's room.

Also, based on actual instance:
For some reason I do not understand, brigands, ne'er-do-wells, thugs and gang members do not seem to like opera. If, during a transport, one gets out of hand in the back of your unit, uses controversial language, and tries to kick out the windows or doors, (a sure sign of a misunderstood soul), and otherwise projects a troubled aura, put on an opera CD. Play it loud and sing along. I recommend Tannhauser, or Turandot. This has a calming effect, and makes the errant person beg to return to a meditative state, if only you will "turn that [expletive] [expletive] off".

You will make up the marks. Getting out is what matters. Just graduate, that's all you have to do.

Ralph I
Quote:Ok Matt, I've prepared for you your new avatar:

[Image: marty.jpg]

Vale,

Thanks, but the eye colour is all wrong!

Hey Ralph, they were telling us too that sometimes "emotionally disturbed people" or those on some kind of substance wont' be affected as well. I guess that's why we also carry a 24" telescopic baton. Big Grin

I'll remember the opera music too. :wink:

I'd have thought a tazer would work faster than a tele-baton? :?
So Matt, I guess I'll be getting speeding tickets from you next time I'm in toronto? :roll: :lol: :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
No, only if you come south a bit to Hamilton...but if you're on any of the 400 highways, or the Q.E.W., then the OPP will get ya!

Matt,

Wait until you get hit by a TAZER. Its a shorter term "pain" as compared to pepper spray, but OMG it hurts. But in I will agree, OC hurts more that CS or any other chemical spray.

With 10 years service as a police officer (no longer..now I'm a nurse) I can understand your pain. Just remember not to stand in the shower or you will have "huevos rancheros" if you know what I mean!!!!
Roman Name: Gaius Marcius Gracilis

AKA: Mark Headlee
Taser and 40mm Launcher training, July 13. Having been hit with pepper spray in training (and numerous oversprays on the road) I can confirm that I am not immune. At least the taser is quicker.
Opera doesn't work on Mafiosi. They LIKE opera. At least, Italian Opera. Maybe German or French opera would work. But be careful. Unlike the usual street offenders, mafiosi have good lawyers and they'll get you for opera brutality.
Pecunia non olet

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ARCHEONEWS SUCKS (on my computer, that is) !! MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS 6 1,447 02-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Last Post: MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS