Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbridge A Breastplates - to cross or not cross diagonally?
Jim,

Matt sent me a note describing what he did to Petrininus' helmet:

"I removed all the bits, squashed the bowl to fit a human head, actually having to hammer the front edge so it flared out a bit in order to fit, made new florate bosses to match those on the original Worms helmet, made a new carrying handle, and reattached it all with copper rivets- properly large-headed ones for the florate bosses instead of the little ones that were there. Granted that last thing is a concession to esthetic- this fellow wanted them- but they're hand-made and I think the difference in color makes a HUGE difference. I also cleaned up the very poor finishing- filed down the sharp edges, smoothed others out, etc., etc. and subtly reshaped some parts like the crest socket, the earguards, carrying handle split pins. Oh and since they attached the helmet portion of the cheekguard hinges backwards (the originals roll in, not out), the guards sat way too far out so I bent the hinge in so they're in line with the bowl edge and angled them to better fit the face- that too made a huge difference."

He also sent some pics -- looked superb as his stuff always does.

Edge
Gaius Aurelius Calvus
(Edge Gibbons)

Rules for Posting

LEG XI CPF
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.11thlegion.com">http://www.11thlegion.com

"Mens est clavis victoriae."

Messages In This Thread
lorica - by brennivs - tony drake - 06-19-2007, 10:23 PM
lorica seg - by brennivs - tony drake - 06-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Re: lorica seg - by Matt Lukes - 06-22-2007, 12:03 AM
corbridge A - by brennivs - tony drake - 06-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Re: corbridge A - by Matt Lukes - 06-26-2007, 08:17 PM
Re: Corbridge A Breastplates - to cross or not cross diagonally? - by Gaius_Calvus - 12-17-2007, 01:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Making a press tool to make cross bands for scabbards brennivs - tony drake 7 2,509 10-03-2021, 03:47 PM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake
  Blade Cross Sections and Designs Pointer 10 2,304 09-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Augustus Janus
  Lower cross hanger under plate, designs? Titus Marius Secundus 7 2,796 12-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Crispvs