Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbridge A Breastplates - to cross or not cross diagonally?
Quote:A minor point, but who takes the time to wrap up and package junk to such an extent to obviously protect it from the elements, but from being stolen or taken as well?

People who thin it has some value either for later recovery or to keep it from falling in to the hands of an enemy.

Quote:The "junk" in your drawer Sean, do you have a lock on this junk drawer of yours, and is each individual piece wrapped up in wax paper or a ziplock bag? I doubt it.

The Hoard has no lock, latch or hinges.

I have several items in my junk drawer in ziplocks. Waxpaper falls apart way too readily! Bundled? .....hang on a sec... (tic-toc tic-toc...) yup! The wife rubber-banded some curtain hook devices,.. umm.... does rubber-banding qualify as bundling?

The junk steel and seg bits in the workshop are protected from the elements. They are oiled heavily before being stored away in boxes.

I think the Hoard is junk... opinion. NBD. Its not treasure. Its has some value, otherwise why hang on to it.... value to those who kept it around..... for how long? .... and perhaps they determined that it wasn't worth hauling away or there was not enough room to haul it away (not my ideas btw) and since most of the items can't be destroyed by fire that burying it and thus denying it to an enemy was ..wise? All speculation, of course.

It has been said that one man's junk is another man's treasure... so, perhaps I should retract my comment about treasure and say that the Hoard's value is relative to the moment in time that the determination was made that it needed to be buried....

None of us knows for certain.
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America

Messages In This Thread
lorica - by brennivs - tony drake - 06-19-2007, 10:23 PM
lorica seg - by brennivs - tony drake - 06-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Re: lorica seg - by Matt Lukes - 06-22-2007, 12:03 AM
corbridge A - by brennivs - tony drake - 06-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Re: corbridge A - by Matt Lukes - 06-26-2007, 08:17 PM
Re: Corbridge A Breastplates - to cross or not cross diagonally? - by Hibernicus - 07-13-2007, 02:59 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Making a press tool to make cross bands for scabbards brennivs - tony drake 7 2,511 10-03-2021, 03:47 PM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake
  Blade Cross Sections and Designs Pointer 10 2,309 09-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Augustus Janus
  Lower cross hanger under plate, designs? Titus Marius Secundus 7 2,800 12-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Crispvs