Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbridge A Breastplates - to cross or not cross diagonally?
It will be interesting to see, Jason.
I thought you did not do helmets Matt?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:It will be interesting to see, Jason.

I remember from past discussions that Jason bought the Gallic G from Armae and had it send to Matt to squash and rework.

Vale,
Jef
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Quote:
Gaius Julius Caesar:3r5h7gpn Wrote:It will be interesting to see, Jason.

I remember from past discussions that Jason bought the Gallic G from Armae and had it send to Matt to squash and rework.

Vale,
Jef

Yeah I know, I was just hoping he might have changed his mind on helmets... :wink:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
just got off a 24 hr duty...so no pics yet, infact i need to assemble the armor tree matt made me and then when i hang my seg on it i'll snap off a few. yeah your right i did get the gallic g from armae....what a clusterfrak that was...but 1 yr later(lol) i have them both in my living room paired up and lookn great-well worth the wait. now to acquire the rest of the kit...good gods. ive already a grand into this...i hope this shows im serious, in not settling for junk from deepeka and the like, lol. im not even a historian...thinking maybe one day i'll grab another degree, just an italian that loves his ancient ancestry, hell my household is even celebrating saturnalia...or a saturnalia flavored yule of sorts. felix saturnalia to the lot of ya too
-Jason

(GNAEVS PETRONIVS CANINVS, LEGIIAPF)

"ADIVTRIX PIA FIDELIS"
fort Hood = armour? :lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:ji have them both in my living room paired up and lookn great-well worth the wait.
You keep saying "paired up". What do you mean by that? What's been done to the helmet?
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
I would guess matching rosettes or something. Smile
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Jim,

Matt sent me a note describing what he did to Petrininus' helmet:

"I removed all the bits, squashed the bowl to fit a human head, actually having to hammer the front edge so it flared out a bit in order to fit, made new florate bosses to match those on the original Worms helmet, made a new carrying handle, and reattached it all with copper rivets- properly large-headed ones for the florate bosses instead of the little ones that were there. Granted that last thing is a concession to esthetic- this fellow wanted them- but they're hand-made and I think the difference in color makes a HUGE difference. I also cleaned up the very poor finishing- filed down the sharp edges, smoothed others out, etc., etc. and subtly reshaped some parts like the crest socket, the earguards, carrying handle split pins. Oh and since they attached the helmet portion of the cheekguard hinges backwards (the originals roll in, not out), the guards sat way too far out so I bent the hinge in so they're in line with the bowl edge and angled them to better fit the face- that too made a huge difference."

He also sent some pics -- looked superb as his stuff always does.

Edge
Gaius Aurelius Calvus
(Edge Gibbons)

Rules for Posting

LEG XI CPF
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.11thlegion.com">http://www.11thlegion.com

"Mens est clavis victoriae."
yup, thats pretty much it...saves me the trouble of explaining it, thanks, and yes may i add again that it is absolutley sweet and i love this thing, i find myself gauking at it endlessly...now, to complete my kit, subarmilis and tunica anyone know where the best can be had? i need a sleeved tunic because i have a tatoo that i dont want exposed at events...that is when im at last able to attend one...anyone got a schedule for 08'

as promised pics to follow...likely by the weekend, i got the stand built today...though had to use a different kind o wood for the main beam, lowes wasnt stocked, and damn if the shoulder pieces didnt split as i had to hammer the damn thing on to the shaft it was tight, still it holds and pegged well. displays great!
-Jason

"ADIVTRIX PIA FIDELIS"
and no im not in an armor division, i do tactical humint- forward collection and attach to various elements as needed. my last tour i worked 1/3 mar divs scout recon guys and oda 774 in the pech valley. then when 10th mt div rolled in, i stayed on under them for 6 months. looking to go to iraq next, likely nov/dec 08 for 15 months or better...ungh. rather just go somewhere and stay, see it through, you didnt see the legions redeploy or take rnr mid campaign...people complain, but we got it comparibly good i thinkWink
-Jason

"ADIVTRIX PIA FIDELIS"
Ahhh ok!
I'll keep away from cliche'd smartass remarks about Military intelligence and oxy-morons then Confusedhock: :oops: (oops, I did it anyways), as our Chairman is in the same line of work!!

Anyways, looking forward to seeing your pics.
BTW, if its an eagle, you can just pen in the SPQR under you tatoo :wink:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Thanks for the info Edge, and Jason. I can well imagine a Matt-ified helmet being something you'd keep gazing at.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
[Image: index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&fr...79305%5Bimg%5D]
  • AS PROMISED SOME PICS OF MY KIT- A WORK IN PROGRESS
-Jason

"ADIVTRIX PIA FIDELIS"
HMMMM, kind of thought theyd display here? did i do something wrong? anyway check out the url. enjoy
-Jason

"ADIVTRIX PIA FIDELIS"
Quote:HMMMM, kind of thought theyd display here? did i do something wrong? anyway check out the url. enjoy

It appears that in order to "check out the URL" have to added as a friend. If you would give me your myspace name I would be happy to make your acquaintance.
>|P. Dominus Antonius|<
Leg XX VV
Tony Dah m

Oderint dum metuant - Cicero
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Making a press tool to make cross bands for scabbards brennivs - tony drake 7 2,507 10-03-2021, 03:47 PM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake
  Blade Cross Sections and Designs Pointer 10 2,304 09-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Augustus Janus
  Lower cross hanger under plate, designs? Titus Marius Secundus 7 2,796 12-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Crispvs