Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle Cries
Quote:"Iuppiter Optimus Maximus resistere atque iterare pugnam iubet" (Livy 1.12)
Now keep in mind that this is what Livy, writing around 27 BC, put into the mouth of Romulus (mythological, but for the sake of argument, 750 BC), that is, 725 years earlier. I'm not saying that you should only use this if you're reenacting Romulus (in fact, that would be far less appropriate), but use with caution. That might be like taking a really great John Wayne line and using it as evidence for 19th century American cavalry commands...

Quote:In latin would they really say "the roman empire has no boundries!" I got that from night at the museum.
There's no evidence for that that I know of.
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
Quote:
Quote:"Iuppiter Optimus Maximus resistere atque iterare pugnam iubet" (Livy 1.12)
That might be like taking a really great John Wayne line and using it as evidence for 19th century American cavalry commands...
ROFL!!!

What's the latin translation for "Fill your hand, you sonofabitch!"
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:What's the latin translation for "Fill your hand, you sonofabitch!"

repleo vestri manus vos filius (or prognatus) canis???? My Latin isn't too great!
And my new battle cry was created. Thanks Ade. Big Grin
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
And we have one after we return to camp that we use from time to time, especially on a very hot day...

Do it in English.. for the laughs..

Centurio: dimitto vos
TroopSadloudly) Where's the watered wine!
[/b]
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America