Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End - Anyone seen it?
Quote:There are pirates between Florida and Cuba, and around Baja California. They are not friends of the Coast Guard.
Is Johnny Depp with them? He's taking the role a bit far, isn't he.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:I thought POTC was based on a little-known book by Herodotus

Yes, of course, Herodotus MacGuireskysen, the blind, dyslexic, Greco/Scottish/Russian/Swedish playright of the early 20th Century, who lived in the Aleutian Islands, and wrote constantly of Bermuda, Aruba, and the French Riviera. He was cold all the time, you see, so --- :lol:

I didn't know other people read his works! I'm impressed, Valerius!
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Overall, it was good. Unfortunately, there were a few points that were (what I saw to be) gaping holes in logic, etc. And they left out a lot behind that could have done well to be better explained...Overall, I liked it. Not nearly as much as one, and slightly less than two, but both were good. It must be said, that I did enjoy the 2nd a great deal, though.
Brandon Shifflet
Quote:
Quote:I thought POTC was based on a little-known book by Herodotus

Yes, of course, Herodotus MacGuireskysen, the blind, dyslexic, Greco/Scottish/Russian/Swedish playright of the early 20th Century, who lived in the Aleutian Islands, and wrote constantly of Bermuda, Aruba, and the French Riviera. He was cold all the time, you see, so --- :lol:

I didn't know other people read his works! I'm impressed, Valerius!

Ah...that must be the same writer responsible for "The 13th Warrior" sort of a "Seven Samurai" plus Six, if evoking that great film in the same sentence as "13th Warrior" is not too much of an insult to Kurosawa.

(And don't get me wrong, I like "13th Warrior." I know, I know, but I plead the Guilty Pleasure Defense and beg mercy.) :wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
chaotic scenario, too long, lame at some intervals, but entertaining enough to have kept me in my seat........

M.VIB.M.

I hope Johnny will get the chance to explore his character more, and really deepen it out in an eventual follow-up......

quadrequel actually.......... not sequel......

LOL
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Johnny = Deep? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
well worth my $5
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
also saw it, a great "popcorn-movie"!
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Quote:well worth my $5

Lucky!

Our tickets in LA cost $11 each. Confusedhock:

I enjoyed the movie, but this is bargain matinee fare to be sure.

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:quadrequel actually.......... not sequel......LOL

Non seqitur. The verb "sequor" would take offense.
PRIMVS CALPVRNIVS LIVIANVS aka SANGVE aka Øystein Bech Gadmar
LEG XV AP of Norway (Romans? In Norway?!)

Somniatorem me dixeris, sed unicus non sum
-- Johannes Lennonius, MXMLXXI
I have two words to describe this movie- LOOOOOONG and BUSY. There was SOOO much detail in so many visuals that it was bordering on noise... it was okay, but nothing spectacular. I'm finding more and more that visuals are becoming so incredible, that writing is falling woefully behind and so rarely holds up its end these days. POTCAWE is a perfect example...
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
Quote:I have two words to describe this movie- LOOOOOONG and BUSY. There was SOOO much detail in so many visuals that it was bordering on noise... it was okay, but nothing spectacular. I'm finding more and more that visuals are becoming so incredible, that writing is falling woefully behind and so rarely holds up its end these days. POTCAWE is a perfect example...

True enough.

And this after both Spielberg & Lucas made a lot of noise at the Academy Awards (some years back now) about how "the story" was the most important aspect and they would put their efforts into that area once again as did Hollywood long ago.

We have all seen the fruits of their efforts.

As for POTCWE being long -- yes indeed, but now that we are entering the hot days of summer here in California, the longer the film the better, generally speaking. Two or three hours in the air conditioned splendor of a movie theatre with some warm pop corn and passable entertainment can serve to break-up a hot afternoon.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peroni hits the Caribbean... Magnus 10 2,188 02-05-2009, 12:34 AM
Last Post: A_Volpe
  Pics from the West Caribbean Magnus 12 2,785 02-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Last Post: jvrjenivs
  Pirates! Spedius 19 3,827 04-22-2006, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Graham Sumner