Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planning A Roman Weekend
Greetings!!

Well, I have a basic "go ahead" for setting up a Roman event here in Missouri. At the historic site of the Nathan (Daniel) Boone homesite, there is a large bowl shaped water catch basin. When I was there in February builing log cabins, my brother and I found it and I immediately thought Frontier Amphetheatre. The director said I should have no problem getting approval from Lindenwood University, which owns the site.

My partner and I are looking at some gladitorial bouts, and I am wanting to speak with some of the schools in the area and see if there are any latin clubs that would be interested in assisting.

I ask for any tips on static and other types of displays, we are looking at a possible Roman camp as well, I have a large wall tent. Tentatively scheduled for Sept 7, 8, 9th, so if anyone is interested I will post more as we progress.

Any input is welcome!!

Respectfully,

Wes
Titvs Calidivs Agricola
Wes Olson

Twas a woman that drove me to drink, and I never thanked her. W.C. Fields
Very nice Wes. It would be even better if I lived anywhere near there. I'm having enough problems just trying to make Roman Days or I would consider it. I'll make it back to the Midwest someday though. Best of luck with the event and I'll give you a laude.
Derek D. Estabrook
I've moved this to the events section, where I think it will draw more attention.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
We have a bunch of info on our event, you can feel free to use or ask questions. We have planned 7-8 big events.
As we stand now, a few guys from Legio !! are attending. I am in need of vendors, participants, tradesmen/craftsmen (or women)...anyone interested?? It is in Defiance MO, Outside of St. Louis Missouri.

Again, any advice is sincerely appreciated!!

Wes
Titvs Calidivs Agricola
Wes Olson

Twas a woman that drove me to drink, and I never thanked her. W.C. Fields

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Weekend, Murton Park, York, UK - 25-26 June Viventius 41 8,618 07-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Paul Elliott
  Texas Ren Fair Roman Baccanal Weekend John M McDermott 5 2,377 11-10-2008, 09:41 PM
Last Post: John M McDermott
  Gallo-Roman weekend at Wervik: 1 and 2 October Marcus Mummius 0 1,856 09-07-2005, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Marcus Mummius