Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Albuera Battle - Napoleonics
Last weekend in Albuera, Spain there was a re-enactment of the battle of Albuera.

Enjoy the photos

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/pdferreir ... 7289471090
Great photos, looks like you have more women in ranks than men Tongue
[Image: ebusitanus35sz.jpg]

Daniel
Wow great photos! perhaps will need to get some phone numbers from some of the participants...... just for research purposes, of course! :wink:
Perhaps a holiday to Spain would not be such a bad thing.......... :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I wasnt there at this event, had a gladiator event in a small village in Portugal near some roman ruins near Conimbriga.

The photos are from a friend of mine.

About the women in the ranks i think the photographer is to blame for that, if you get my meaning :wink:

But normally in spain they are much more opened to having women playing as men then in other countrys like England for example.
I know for a fact that the napoleonics associations in England dont allow women to fight even as militia (not sure, but i think there wasnt any english women in the milita, historically speaking) so the women there dress up as spanish militia.
And i also eard something that "normal" women werent allowed to carry firearms, so that in some events the women dress up as prostitutes of the army so that they may carry and fire the muskets.