Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tarraco Viva 2007. Some pics
Ugh :x roll:
Glad to know that you and Graham (and Elaine) have returned safely home! Big Grin

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Hi everybody.
Let me present myself, I am member of Athenea Promakhos.
I want to thank you for the nice pictures posted. I had the pleasure of meeting Paul and Steven there and I have to say that was wonderful to join almost 30 hoplites together.

Hi Paul, is your foot better ?
Alberto

"Amor patriae nostra lex"
So how do you go about transporting your gear? do you need documentation? I know I was able to bring a sword and helmet through from athens on 2 separate occasions, but assumed it was just a one off?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Paul wrote:
Quote:Yep! That was me! They couldn't get my shield in its box through their x-ray chamber, so I had to go and open it for them. Laugh? I nearly paid the air fare.

In the good old days of air travel when you could virtually take all sorts on the plane I will never forget the look on the faces of the staff on the x-ray machine when the hob nailed boots, hammer and the last went through!
Graham.

Sad
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Hi, Alberto,

Not yet, mate. I think the meta-tarsal bone may have been damaged. I'm going to have it checked on Friday ( have to work tomorrow!). Can you post a picture of your girls in their Hoplite kit? (Oh, and please put your real name in your signature, old chap, before one of those Moderator types gets shirty).

Moving gear is a problem. technically, there's no reason why you can't put a sword in your HOLD baggage. You could also send your aichmes and sauroters that way, if you can get shafts and fit them on arrival. Shields and armour can go as sports equipment. £15 each way, per item with Ryanair, if you book it in at the outset. Cheaper than paying a baggage excess, if you treat it as part of your ordinary luggage. Easier to send all the gear ahead by van or post, but the turkeys from Fed Ex broke my spears, which is why one fell apart at Tarraco, and I got stabbed in the foot.
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p142 ... a07092.jpg
[size=200:2ts48bax]Courtesy of Graham Sumner.[/size]

Thanx Graham & Elaine!
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Thanks for all the pictures, Fernando. It was a great pleasure to meet you in person. Is there any chance you might attend the Greek Event at Sheffield Fayre?
Hi Paul!
Ditto It was a real pleasure to see even more foreign guests Big Grin
I hope you like your pictures and do not object to my posting your wounds! I really should have asked you in advance as I usually do with everybody...

As for Sheffield, when will that be?

Kind regards

F.
!*SHAMELESS PLUG WARNING*!

The following message has been identified as a SHAMELESS PLUG, i.e. a message intended to advertise a specific Event or Show, under the guise of general discussion.

Dear Fernando,

The International Ancient Greek Display will take place at Sheffield Fayre from the 24th to the 27th August. The first two days will be PLAYTIME, when we can get together to practice drill and combat for our own pleasure and have discussions about Ancient Greece and re-enactment issues. The Sunday and Monday will be open to the public and we will stage static and arena displays. There will be a fascinating talk on shield devices, by Stefanos Skarmintzos.

This is a multi-period event and you should be able to see groups representing periods up to and including World War II. See the webpage here:- http://www.eventplan.co.uk/ .
Mmmm... looks great! Last year you even had a Germanic Marder attacking legions!
Well, then we need some T-34, and not only horses... :lol:
Thanks for the answers guys.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hi Paul
Ok I will upload the pictures, but all of them show your "hidden side" Big Grin D
Like this one...

[Image: tinyhoplitesyr3.jpg]

or this one...

[Image: tinyhoplites2hk3.jpg]

or even this one...

[Image: tinyhoplites3yd7.jpg]
Alberto

"Amor patriae nostra lex"
That looks like a Manning corinthian! With the black and white crest?
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p142 ... /Arnau.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p142 ... llIvan.jpg

Courtesy of Graham Sumner.

BTW, I had the opportunity and privilege to see Graham's paintings exposition in Tarragona, and I still feel astonished by their realism and quality.
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tarraco Viva 2016 Graham Sumner 12 7,028 06-28-2016, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  TARRACO VIVA 2012 Graham Sumner 28 6,045 03-17-2013, 09:55 PM
Last Post: daconey
  After Tarraco Viva 2011 (that\'s the XIIIth!) Iagoba 0 1,129 05-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Iagoba