Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Onagers, ballistas etc
Salve,

Has anyone got any links to video clips of these being demonstrated ?
Working reproductions would be better, but movie clips would possibly be OK too.

Cheers Smile
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Gladiator opening scene
The quality of the video isn't great, but couldn't find any of better quality.[/url]
[size=75:18gu2k6n]- Roy Aarts[/size]
I think this one has been posted on RAT before: Römer Festival, Hjemstedt Oldtidspark (Denmark)
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Too bad you didn't post this a day earlier Sad We just spent part of this afternoon training new crew members on our onager. There may be some links to footage of Gallio's Legio XXIV ballista at last year's Roman Days Maryland event on Matt Amt's Legio XX site.
P. Clodius Secundus (Randi Richert), Legio III Cyrenaica
"Caesar\'s Conquerors"
Brilliant!

Thanks for those links. Big Grin

They are hopefully going to be used in a couple of physics lessons as a discussion point (if that's OK with you guys of course). Even better if the kids get chance to build their own :wink:

These are good examples of uses of potential and kinetic energy.... with some classical studies being sneaked in too of course :wink: (Any excuse to try and get kids more interested in the ancient world).
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
OH man- where was this when I took physics? :lol:
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
yeah, my physics teacher was an uninterested guy only there untill he could find a job with the oil companies! Sad
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Onagers in the Roman Legions DarkFrontier 11 2,824 05-01-2014, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Macedon