Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MEDICA
Hi Maximo,

thanks for the pictures, very nice set you have there!

Quote:The scalpel (5th along on set 2) is in fact not one of Len's but from a small collection made by Markus Neidhardt. It is a beautiful set but is under sized - I suspect between 2/3rd to 3/4 the original size. So that item would be impractical to use in real life as it would be too fiddly.

Just what I thought when I first saw those, I suspect that he made them after one of those very common 2/3rds scale drawings in the books without checking the correct size first. Same is true for some hooks and needles offered by either him or Holger Ratsdorf IIRC.

Quote:By the way do you have any photos or scale plans for the small herb/medecine box you mentioned I'd love to have a crack at making one myself. Did you make it with the ornate chased lid often depicted?

I think he was talking about a larger (probably wooden) display case, rather than the small boxes with 5 (sometimes 4) compartments you are meaning.
Quote:Maybe if the big Kalkriese event comes off we should do something similar - try to set up a field hospital with several operating tables all being used simultaneously to portray the true horror of a post battle aftermath. Limbs (fake), Blood (some real - Byron), and guts

That would be very interesting Pete. Good idea.
Quote:Maybe if the big Kalkriese event comes off we should do something similar - try to set up a field hospital with several operating tables all being used simultaneously to portray the true horror of a post battle aftermath. Limbs (fake), Blood (some real - Byron), and guts.

We have a local guy here who is a mortician in real life, and portrays one at local Silly War events. He has the whole set up of a ACW battlefield mortician. Makes for a nice albeit morbid addition.
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
Well, you can try there batavian! Hope you are feeling fit! :twisted:
I sell my blood at a higher price than the NHS are paying! :wink:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Back from resting my hands :lol: Maximo I will post pics of the boxes I made when I get them out of the loft,it would be a great idea to set up a field hospital, I would be a good patient, I am always haking bits of when I make swords :oops:
[Image: Picture001-1.jpg]
This was done with the current swords I am making:lol: :lol:
Regards Brennivs Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)
Ow! Confusedhock: Looks like a burn?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Ave Brennius:

How many denarii did that full kit set you back? I imagine it wasn't cheap...

Vale:

Gaius
Michael Garrity
Gaivs your right and I didnt feel a thing :lol: it has left a bit of a scar looks good on the sword arm ,but dont try it at home.
Octavivs I made both kits but I dont own the big set ,mine is the black bag
Regards Brennivs Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medica II Primvs Pavlvs 14 2,695 06-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Primvs Pavlvs