Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And a Bottle of Rum
Hi all,

I recently read a book that I purchased some time ago titled And a Bottle of Rum: The History of the New World in Ten Cocktails. It is one of the best books I've ever read (even though totally unrelated to Greece or Rome.) The author, Wayne Curtis, does a great job of telling the history of the New World (including the West Indies and the United States) from the perspective of the alcohol preference of the population. It is filled with great recipes for drinks, and its nice to know that rum played such an important part in the founding of the United States and the history of the New World. I've always been partial to rum as a good drink, but this book really tells the story of how it went in and out of fashion, but still remains one of the most beloved spirits in the world.

Definitely a good read if anyone is interested!
Gaius Tertius Severus "Terti" / Trey Starnes

"ESSE QUAM VIDERE"
Quote:Hi all,

I recently read a book that I purchased some time ago titled And a Bottle of Rum: The History of the New World in Ten Cocktails. It is one of the best books I've ever read (even though totally unrelated to Greece or Rome.) The author, Wayne Curtis, does a great job of telling the history of the New World (including the West Indies and the United States) from the perspective of the alcohol preference of the population. It is filled with great recipes for drinks, and its nice to know that rum played such an important part in the founding of the United States and the history of the New World. I've always been partial to rum as a good drink, but this book really tells the story of how it went in and out of fashion, but still remains one of the most beloved spirits in the world.

Definitely a good read if anyone is interested!
Hic !!
Daniyal Steel Crafts
Alauddin & Vijay