Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Error msg.
When I try posting or sending a P.M. I get this message:

"General Error-could not connect to smtp host: 111 : connection refused.
Debug mode- line: 112 file: smtp.php"

Anyone else getting this? Oddly, some pm's seem to be getting through even though they say from my end they aren't.
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
Same here, but then I check index, and my post is there.

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
There seems to be a problem with the SMTP (simple mail transfer protocol). As the name states, there is some problem with the transfer of the mail. This will simple mean that the post (or PM) hast put into the database, but the email, which will be send to the receipiant saying he has a new post in his inbox, has failed.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Hi guys,
That happens sometimes, SMTP server = the mail sending server. If it hiccups while sending, that's what you get. Your PM or post is unaffected, but it may mean that notifications do not get sent.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Thanks, Jasper and Jvrjenivs. Some pm's did go through but some didn't.
This never happened before and had me a little worried.

It just did it again as I was sending this.
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
There's a barbarian in the workshop, for sure. Let's find him and send him to the arena.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
That was very quick to point out a barbarian, Demetrius. Very quick indeed. Perhaps the Praetorian Speculatores should talk to you about how you knew there was a barbarian in the workshop in such a quick way...

Gaius Decius Aquilius
(Ralph Izard)
ya i got it a few times too., i kept reloading the page and when it finally went thru, i saw that it posted my same post a few times.
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
[url:em57ti3w]http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/Roman/index.htm[/url]
I think it's been fixed now.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:There's a barbarian in the workshop, for sure. Let's find him and send him to the arena.

Quote:That was very quick to point out a barbarian, Demetrius. Very quick indeed. Perhaps the Praetorian Speculatores should talk to you about how you knew there was a barbarian in the workshop in such a quick way...

you are indeed correct.
Demetrius; please report to the Carcer-Tullianum. You are to seat in the blue chair.

Thank you Gaius Decius Aquilius, you are a loyal citizen.
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Phew!

I had a couple. I thought I had written something 'wrong' with Gaius the Mod!!!

Big Grin D D
Rubicon

"let the die be cast "

(Stefano Rinaldo)