Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show here your Celtic warrior impression
Quote:Great impressions! I have Thin Lizzy`s "warrior" playing in my mind when I look at these pictures :wink: !

Great - I love Phil Lynott also. Anyway, I associate barbarians with "bad reputation" song (and also with the drummer Brian Robertson :lol: )
Quote:
Quote:And the ravens in the sky are a nice touch...

Jackdaws :wink:

"Crows" is the way they where named in google, before I "photoshoped" them into my picture... :wink:
Folkert van Wijk
Celtic Auxilia, Legio II Augusta.
With a wide interrest for everything Celtic BC
III B.C. Celtic Warriors

[Image: 8.png][Image: 0.png]

[Image: celti26.jpg]
Gioal Canestrelli "Caturix"

- www.evropantiqva.org -
Great work Folks you all have Excellant impressions :!:
Hannibal ad portas ! Dave Bartlett . " War produces many stories of fiction , some of which are told until they are believed to be true." U S Grant
a few pics from the recent Gallic 1st. cent.b.c. encampment in Australia ,great guys

[Image: 13zoowx.jpg] Andy & Luke Playing for keeps. :wink:

[Image: 2w30wnq.jpg] Sling & light Javelin practice getting around 100 paces range with both, NO WAY I want to face skilled slingers ,the shot was between 1&2 oz. rough cast in moulds in the campfire ,hit trees at long range with massive bang & big chunks out (no pic sadly :oops: ).

[Image: 2v0msgg.jpg]Mass long range volley
Hannibal ad portas ! Dave Bartlett . " War produces many stories of fiction , some of which are told until they are believed to be true." U S Grant
a few more

[Image: 2ps5729.jpg] nice mood !

[Image: 33k7o5x.jpg] Later after cooked meat MMMM! some wine,ale & dice

[Image: zupf0x.jpg]Andy spinning up that Evil sling.
Looks good.
I quess it's great fun camping and doing the Celtic thing out in the open
without anything modern in sight.
Folkert van Wijk
Yep nothing but Sky & Flies for ever:lol: i had a 1000 km round trip to camp out 2 night ,would do it again tomorrow ,a few more

[Image: 10e0uo9.jpg] Bosses house

[Image: 153pwua.jpg] my place on the left.

[Image: qx6q1l.jpg] a fight over some shade ,it was hot the little tents were a blessing Big Grin
Yes it was hot and the flies THICK. Heres a couple of my favourites.

Barcid and some of the tents.
[Image: PB290339.jpg]

A weather worn Agulus shielding himself from rain
[Image: PB290329.jpg]
Here`s my "celtic warrior mpression":

Celtic noble south-west germany for the laténe A period( 450-370 b.c).

[Image: PICT0746.JPG]
Looks good Patrick! And welcome to the forum.
Can we see some closeups of jour gear, Like Sword scabbard and clothing?

I am happy, to see a fellow Celt from Germany! Big Grin

I do have the feeling that there is a lot going on in Germany considering Celtic Reenactment.
But don't have much contact with you people yet...

So please if you like, do tell us a bit more about where you have your stuff from and about your group.
Folkert van Wijk
Hi,

i don`t have any good photo of my sword at the moment but i will make some new photos soon. My sword is the reproduction of an eraly laténe sowrd (Lt A 400 b.c.) from Remmesweiler/Saarland. The orginal lies in the Museum Trier.

Maybe this photo is better:

[Image: Sword.JPG]

Germany and France have, in my opinion, a lot of celtic reeanactment groups from the hallstatt to the latene period on a high level. The first groups were founded in the late 90s (like the ambiani or the german group carnyx). But there are also good groups from austria and switzerland. There are every year some good events with two to five celtic groups. Our group is very near to France so we join one french event every year like nasium in 2008

[Image: Nasium%2008%20025.jpg]

Our group is focused on the early laténe period, Lt A 450-370. At the moment we are working with an museum in southern Germany on two reconstrutctions of clothes and arms. We go to 4-5 public events every year and make some more events for ourselves. Every single piece of our members dressing/equipment should be dated into our chosen time period.
I have to say, that we have some advantages from a good libary at our university in saarbrücken. There i could get a lot of good books and articels from famous authors.

Clothing and things like knifes, leather stuff, shoes, ceramic etc. are self made. We have a lot of willing craftmens in our group. :lol: Just the swords and Spears are ordered and some of the fibulae. (at archaeoart for example).

Check out our site http://www.taranis-kelten.de under Handwerke you can find a lot of pictures of the different crafts.
Thanks again Patrick for the info and pictures, I like the sword!
It is dificult to optain a good Celtic sword with a metal (iron or brons) Scabbard so I always appreciate seing one!
The site to looks impressif and verry well resurched indeed!
I do see that you don't use much checkered clothes, but you are using more borders around the hems, sleves and the edges of the cloaks.
Folkert van Wijk
Thanks Folkert.

The Scabbard is made by Hans Binsfeld:

http://www.binsfeld-replikate.de/

Franck Mathieu makes very good sword and scabbards!

http://www.archeoart.org/reconstit.html#listeref

Look at his new swords Confusedhock: : http://www.archeoart.org/diaporama1/index.html

But for a second one i will go to victor berbekucz: http://www.berbekuczviktor.hu/

He made an execellent sword for one of our members after an archeological draft!

Yes we don`t use much checkered clothes. If you look at the textile findings in the graves (on swords, lances, fibulae etc.) and the many textile fragments from the salt mines at hallstatt and hallein (the date not just into the hallstatt period) you find more fragments with stripes or just one coulour. But a lot of colours!

[Image: ZDF_14.jpg]

Yes like this Yellow!!! Easy to dye with birchleaves. But a mixture of these coulours are maybe more for the noble ones.

Ok enough of topic! ;-) )
WOAH!!!Great pics...especially for that pre battle one,its unbelieveable.

PS whats happened to the laudes button?Has it been done away with?Cant seem to find it
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.
Calgacus The Swordsman, Mons Grapius 84 AD.

Name:Michael Hayes

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show here your Sarmatian warrior impression Alanus 108 125,429 07-03-2020, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Sooqa
  Show here your Germanic warrior impression ghandi 239 189,885 04-12-2020, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Ariovistvs
  Show here your Thracian warrior impression Dain II. 22 32,492 05-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Last Post: AMELIANVS