Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leather armour....
Actually, it's hybrid polyurethane, but that does not stop Norton Armories from producing beautiful stuff! Thank Chariovalda for sending me the link!

http://www.nortonarmouries.com/

How about this:
[Image: 715.jpg]
Or this Boetian Beauty?
[Image: 544.jpg]

How about this Thracian helmet?
[Image: 557.jpg]
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Or Dark Ages helmets:

[Image: 416.jpg]

Alexander is there, too:

[Image: 569.jpg]
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
And, of course, the (in)famous leather muscular armour with the overdone pectoral muscles:

[Image: 422.jpg]

I liked this set of lamellar, btw:

[Image: 659.jpg]

Detail:

[Image: 665.jpg]
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Why the corinthian photo is not there? it use to be

I saw it and its perfect!

From By the sword...
http://www.by-the-sword.com/acatalog/LRP_Helms.html

polyurethane is leather or paint that look metal?

I thought they where 10 lb of weight bit its around 1lb ok!.

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
The lamellar is also made of polyurethane?
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Really cool!

Legion: TBD
Quote:polyurethane is leather or paint that look metal?
It's the very sturdy plastic with a paint finish that looks like metal. Apparently you can run over some of these things with a car and it just flops back into shape again. Used a lot in films.

I see the legionary helmet comes in a few finishes including non-antiqued steel. I spoke to these guys a few years ago about Roman kit and sent them a shedload of references. The cost was pretty jaw dropping.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
The stuff certainly doesn’t come cheap. In essence they are selling it as LARP items (apart from the movie business). The helmets, at between £80 and £200 vary from the relatively cheap o the moderately expensive. The armours are quite pricey though, in some cases you can get the real thing for less.

My own interest mainly had to do with a light, sturdy and good-looking helmet for kids, like Robert’s son (Robert and I have discussed briefly about me perhaps trying my hand at a light leather lamellar shirt like the one Ivan / Faventianus has :wink: Tongue ). Unfortunately, apart from the price, it only comes in one, adult, size.

Anyone with me in bombarding Norton with inquiries for a smaller sizes for kids and early teenagers? The latter group especially LARPs a lot  Smile . Ah, to be young again…
Andreas Baede
Quote:The armours are quite pricey though, in some cases you can get the real thing for less.
I calculated that for one Norton seg (we did talk prices, etc, for making them) I could get 10 metal ones from Deepeeka using a minimum 10 order. Might be different now, it was a few years ago.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Before that I'm going to bed....

Tarbicus, thank you for that useful info!... 8)

laudes paides!

Chariavolda...good idea, I would give some thought about it, it all depends how cheap it comes...since kids grow so fast, why I would buy a costly kit for my kid rather an adult?.

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick.