Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think about this (delivery costs)...
Salve!

I asked from Kassai-bows (hungary) about their "Bear" 110 pound hungarian bow. I also asked about the delivery costs here to Finland: 80 euros Confusedhock: !!! A "bit" steep, huh!?
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Yes, steep, but maybe not surprising. A bow may be light, but it's a weird size. The post office here has standard maximum dimensions for packages. A bow probably exceeds that by quite a bit...
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Is that a high price?
It depends on how well the packaging is done. Packaging is often 30-40% of my postage costs when dealing with something of unusual size or fragility. Then having the item tracked and registered costs more. I paid extra when shipping from Ukraine to the UK, Italy or the USA, just to make sure that certain items were registered and signed for.
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
Delivery charges :evil:
.....I bought a Kopis on eBay, paid for it including shipping and when it turned up at my door, I was asked to pay nearly £40 (approx Euro 58.5)of extra charges. Somebody else in Yorkshire who bought an identical item from the same seller, a week or so previously, was not asked to pay any extra.
It is beautiful ....but that left me feeling totally cheated.
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Yup it's all about so-calle 'volumetric weight'- what volume the carrier has determined is equal, for cost purposes, to what weight. It's basically all about if the thing takes up a ton of space on the truck, airplane, etc. Unfortunately too, there are often arbitrary limits on length above which there's an extra fee- so I'm not particularly surprised at the cost either... I'd be just as annoyed as you about it, but not surprised really
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  F... delivery companies! Virilis 5 1,421 02-19-2011, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Virilis